Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New addition to the family

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Default New addition to the family

I'm a proud parent. Picked up a six-week old black lab puppy yesterday. His name is Dainese.

Pics:

[IMG]local://upfiles/88/F5C7C3297DF0464996ADC782319CDFB7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/88/A14251052B1E44689EA133A5BDC45737.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/88/86FF01971F7545CCABFA5E30E3F36B04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/88/EBFB6179E0F14B00927D89522B1483F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New addition to the family

hey double V very cool. cute looking dog. got to love the name.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Cute puppy. Labs are great dogs. I've got 2 black ones myself.

Old 08-07-2005, 04:44 AM

Yeah I had one before but my ex took him from me and won't even let me see him anymore, even though he lives downstairs.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats I know you were trying. Looks like a great dog.

BTW how did the house work out?

Old 08-07-2005, 06:05 PM

I close on Friday morning.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

what a basterd. he took your dog and won't let you see him? i hope the dog bites him in the a$$ one day. you said, you close friday? does that mean you found a house? well if you did congrats. make sure you send pics. of your new place.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:14 PM

Yeah there's a lot going on here right now. I close Friday. Just payed my ex's rent on the garage with the agreement I could keep the bike there until Sept. 4th. He started a fight on AIM with me yesterday. It got pretty nasty, and then he said he was going to have my bike towed. I told him I'd call the police. He backed down, saying he was just trying to prove a point, blah, blah blah.

Then we re-negotiate and I tell him I'll move my bike Friday, when I close. He says fine and agrees to refund my payment for him. Then an hour later, the jerk changes his mind and wants it out by Monday (after some negotiating skills on my part, cause he really wanted it gone last night.) The thing is, I'm supposed to sign a new agreement with him today, but I really want to confer with a lawyer first. I documented our verbal agreement pretty well, even have an AIM convo where he asks if I'm paying his rent for the month, and thanks for working with me on storing the bike until I move. I think I've got enough to back me up. But the lawyer's offices aren't open until tomorrow.

And I've yet to find a place to keep the bike for four days. I think I'm covered, but if I'm not, what do I do?? Plus, my last photo shoot was this week, and that's a no go, if I have to store the bike somewhere. CRAPOLA, I'm really starting to hate this guy.

There was another issue with the dog Friday night too. Jay was out walking Codi and he does this trick where he'll carry his leash in his mouth, and wait at the door of the apt to be let in. Except when Jay let him go, I had just closed the door to my apt, and Codi comes runniing past Jay's apt, all the way up the stairs to mine, wanting to come in. I walked him back down the stairs and Codi got excited and dropped the leash. He can't pick it up off the ground by himself. But Jay's mad, and yelling at him to come there. I told Jay to have a little patience as I picked up Codi's leash and put it back in his mouth. Then Codi smelled the puppy. Jay got mad and DRAGGED Codi away by his collar. What a jerk! Left the poor guy in his kennel for 14 hours yesterday too.

Old 08-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Double V, I'm soo sorry you ever hooked up with a jerk like that. What a F*cken A$$ hole. He really needs to be put out of his misery. Well as for the bike, can't you put the bike in storage? I mean, like one of those self storage places. I know it's only for a few days. But if you have to pay for a month, it seems to me it would be soo worth it in the long run. Oh man, and the dog. Thats a hard one. I know you don't want to call animal services. I would talk to the shereff department in your area to see what you could do to try and get Codi back. The Shereff Departmant works with animal services here. I don't know if it's the same there. So if they could help you get Codi out of there. I would do that and get your bike at the same time. Just a thought. Good luck DOUBLE V. I wish I could be there to help you. I would soo KICK his A$$ and break his trig of a spine. Good luck girl. I'm pulling for you......

Old 08-07-2005, 08:22 PM

That's just it. There are no more garages available here, and I close on the house on Friday. If he'd just let me stay till Friday, it wouldn't cause an issue. But he's stubborn and mad at me because his gf left last night. Not my problem.

I'm just searching out my options for this week. The ex suggested that I speak with his attorney, but he won't be in until Monday morning. So the agreement he wants me to sign today is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. He just can't get his way no matter how hard he tries.

Thanks for all the support.

Quick Reply: New addition to the family