LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Was the spark arrestor removed? Cat still in place?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Was the spark arrestor removed? Cat still in place?
Spark arrestor nor cat was removed. I do a lot of trail riding, so I need the spark arrestor. I would remove the cat converter if I could do it without butchering the muffler.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New member: My KLX250S

Joined the forum today!
I Purchased the 2011 model of the EFI KLX250S in March and I have being modyfying it slightly to suit my needs since then. First thing I did was to replace the OEM silencer with a Leovince X3 dito (with O2 sensor plug mount) and replace the stock snorkle with the KDX dito. The completely legal X3 adapter was OK but it was clearly restrictive so the power was really dropping after ~5000rpm (I made the famous clutch-switch-shortcut to avoid the rev-blocker). The open exhaust adapter really opened up the breathing of the engine but I instead figured it was a bit too loud. At the moment I have again installed the "legal" pipe but I have drilled a set of holes in the pipe to get the "best out of two worlds", and I must say I am pretty happy about the "loudness-power" compromise.

Another thing I noticed is that I could for sure use some more seat height and ground clearance. For this reason, I installed a set of raisisng links today but I have not been able to test them yet.

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-misc-010.jpg  

Last edited by Tenis; 08-03-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Post a picture of my bike
Old 08-04-2012, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Lets see if I got this photo thing worked out...

Had my little red beauty in UT for about 8 days not too long ago.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North

Nice to find another European on here - with a FI bike. Actually met another Brit today who has a 2009 bike same as mine, first person i have ever met in England with one Advised him to do the clutch switch mod, I was amazed at the difference.

Does the snorkel mod make much differnece on its own or only with a less restrictive exhaust?

Like the White with Black paint ~ standard in Sweden? We get Green or Black at present

Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by John65
I built a butt saver for the longer trips. The original version had 2 pieces of 1 1/4" pvc pipe in a piece of vinyl, but I later changed that to a protaper crossbar pad which I split in half and added a 3/4" x 3/4" piece of wood to each side which makes it even better. The cover is a Blacksheep seat cover, but the Walmart version works almost as well. By sliding back when my butt gets tired, it changes the weight distribution to give you a rest without stopping..
A friend and I made an 1800 mile trip in 6 days with this and my butt never never made me stop for a rest.
That looks interesting enough that I'll have to try fabricating something.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tom edison
That looks interesting enough that I'll have to try fabricating something.
My friend, who made the trip with me, had one on a XT250. I used vinyl glue on mine, which seemed to be strong enough, but Larry's wife volunteered to sew mine at same time as she did his, so that just added a little more reliability.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, just went out and picked up the Wal-mart seat cover, really looking forward to not having my butt hurt after and hour (try staying in this saddle for 6 hours straight! It can be done, your butt just goes completely numb after a while!).

But I went to put the thing on and it's not really working out as I envisioned it. Anyone who has one of their bike please let me know how you got it to fit snug?

I was hoping I could mount it in a way that I could just release the clips and remove it easily (without having to remove the panels and seat), but that doesn't look like it will happen. Seems I'll be giving up my strap after all, which means I'll have to find another way to 180 kickstand the bike.

And anyone have a link for those funky sheep covers you guys are using?

And so I'm not too off topic:
Name:  DSC02403.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  434.6 KB
Name:  DSC02408.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  450.0 KB
Name:  DSC02410.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  410.6 KB

Here's my album with a few more. Some of them are Riding game related, most are just some shots I liked. Note - The site seems to being having some troubles right now so about half my images won't show up. And it's the good half!
Supermoto pics pictures by crazyapple92 - Photobucket

Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=crazyapple92;479668]
And anyone have a link for those funky sheep covers you guys are using?
[QUOTE]

Here's where I got mine. They've gone up since I bought it. And it does have 2 straps with 4 quick disconnect buckles, but I don't use them.
I let the tank bag straps hold it on the front and since I added the butt ease pad on back of seat, I use 2 small bungee cords to hold the back.
(see photo on last page)

Black Sheep Trading Company - Universal Sheepskin Motorcycle Seat Cover

Last edited by John65; 08-07-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add info
Old 08-06-2012, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by crazyapple92

But I went to put the thing on and it's not really working out as I envisioned it. Anyone who has one of their bike please let me know how you got it to fit snug?

I was hoping I could mount it in a way that I could just release the clips and remove it easily (without having to remove the panels and seat), but that doesn't look like it will happen. Seems I'll be giving up my strap after all, which means I'll have to find another way to .
I,m not using the front two straps. I used small self taping screw to secure the buckle ends to the seat pan. I am using the back strap.
I'd like to know what "180 kickstand the bike" means .

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs