KLX 250 07 for Sale!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
IG
Default RE: KLX 250 07 for Sale!!!

perty much sums it up. but right now, imagine it below zero with 2 feet of snow on the ground. That's Iowa right now. But this summer, it will be well over 105. Gotta love it. Oh, we're in the tornado alley as well. Nah, actually Des Moines is a finance and insurance 'superpower' for the midwest. It's a major hub for both of those areas with headquarters for major players right downtown. Wells Fargo's corporate location is in West Des Moines and Aviva from England is moving here. But take a trip on any interstate and the above picture is a good rendition of what you may see. Nothin' like it tbh.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow that is an awesome picture, I think its time to change my desktop picture and that would make a great one. I love old barns and farms pictures. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm as surprised as anybody that he got $4k for that bike.
I would have been interested, but not at that price.
Considering that you can buy them new in Canada for $4999, I thought $4k was a little much.
I know it looks like we're paying too muchfor bikes, and in some cases thats true, but there are a lot of things to consider.
Our dollar was undervalued for a long time (a.65dollar sure doesn't help pricing)our tax system is alot different, and the US enjoys tremendous economies of scale. Whatever the bike, its almost certain that 10 times as many will be sold in the US.
Aside from that, the Americans I know don't earn like Canadians.
Its changing, though.
I was looking at the new ZZR250 yesterday (not sure if the US will get it), and its much nicer than the old one, and almost $2k cheaper.
We're starting to see that kind of pricing is showing up in cars, too.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:53 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zomby woof

Aside from that, the Americans I know don't earn like Canadians.
Zomby,

What do you mean by that? I tried to Google average wages vs. taxes for both Canada and the U.S. - it was way too confusing. I'm just curious...

Old 02-08-2008, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Strictly based on my own experiences, theAmericans that I have worked with, and there have been many, don't make the kind of money aswe do.
I am a tradesman, so I don't speak for all occupations. I've noticed this, too while looking at jobs south of the border.
Recently,we were working with guys from PA, Ohio, and Indy. They were complaining about how pricey some things were up here, but were earning 58-60% of what we do.
Do we pay higher taxes? In most cases, yes.
Do we get more services for that money? I think so, but who knows?
The systems are so different, you can't really compare apples to apples.
The only point I was trying to make was that there are many factors which have contributed to higher prices.
From speaking to people who have lived on both sides, most say that in the end, it works out the same, +/- .
The good thing is that pricesare coming down.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 AM

hey guys, thanks on the congrats. he's coming down next week to pick her up and then she'll be outta my life for good[&o]. i'll miss her but will end up buying another bike in a couple years when school is all done and paid for. i liked the part in his email that reminded me a lot of you guys "I'll have to figure out how to break the good news to my wife!!!" haha i'll inform him of this site when he picks it up and he can great advice from the experts.
and i dont think it was luck to get 4grand for the bike. i was getting offers from Kijiji around 4300-4500$ region but they werent going to buy til march or april sometime. and i wasnt in the mood to wait.
but anywho, I guess i might as well remove this site from my bookmarks. i may drop by once in a while to sneak peaks at the HOTD topic though .
cya around guys, thanx for all your support....and criticism (IG). have fun with your bikes.
-Harder12

Old 02-08-2008, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zomby woof

Strictly based on my own experiences, theAmericans that I have worked with, and there have been many, don't make the kind of money aswe do.
I am a tradesman, so I don't speak for all occupations. I've noticed this, too while looking at jobs south of the border.
Recently,we were working with guys from PA, Ohio, and Indy. They were complaining about how pricey some things were up here, but were earning 58-60% of what we do.
Do we pay higher taxes? In most cases, yes.
Do we get more services for that money? I think so, but who knows?
The systems are so different, you can't really compare apples to apples.
The only point I was trying to make was that there are many factors which have contributed to higher prices.
From speaking to people who have lived on both sides, most say that in the end, it works out the same, +/- .
The good thing is that pricesare coming down.

Zomby for me that's really hard to believe, There's a call into our hall for the alberta sands project but nobody's going because there only paying $60,000 a year with free hunting trips and the like thrown in. I don't know what trade your in but this is pretty much the same with all the pipe trades, electrician, tin knockers etc.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Harder12

hey guys, thanks on the congrats. he's coming down next week to pick her up and then she'll be outta my life for good[&o]. i'll miss her but will end up buying another bike in a couple years when school is all done and paid for. i liked the part in his email that reminded me a lot of you guys "I'll have to figure out how to break the good news to my wife!!!" haha i'll inform him of this site when he picks it up and he can great advice from the experts.
and i dont think it was luck to get 4grand for the bike. i was getting offers from Kijiji around 4300-4500$ region but they werent going to buy til march or april sometime. and i wasnt in the mood to wait.
but anywho, I guess i might as well remove this site from my bookmarks. i may drop by once in a while to sneak peaks at the HOTD topic though .
cya around guys, thanx for all your support....and criticism (IG). have fun with your bikes.
-Harder12
Hey man congrats on the bike sell.....I guess[&:] But life takes many different turns, and you have to make adjustments. Come back and visit from time to time,..............I guess what I am saying is.......don't be a stranger................at least not stranger than the rest of the nut jobs on this site!!!!!!![8D][8D][8D] Take care.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

$60k in Alberta?
I find that hard to believe.
I just re-read your post.
Your union hall? Thats low even by non union standards.
I'm non union, but I have a friend who is a sheet metal worker, and works out of the hall.
He'll make that by April/May.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Yep I buy my drugs and smokes from Canada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2Ed...eature=related