Keepin my eyes out for a Green DRZ (KLX400)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

irocit69 - In Maine to street a bike over 300cc it has to be titled. In order to title it you have to have a list of all previous owners and bills of sale going all the way back to the dealership AND the original certificate of ownership from the dealer. It's a royal PITA. I actually had that stuff from the previous owner but the guy he bought it from was in jail at the time for, wait for it.... motor vehicle registration fraud. Put a damper on my title bid for that DRZ.

Anyway, the KLX is a world better offroad than the DRZ ever was - about the same onroad.

I have the full green Acerbis plastic set - still in unopened bags. It's the full green - even green side panels. There's no headlight mask included because both the DRZ and KLX400 used the white mask. I'll take $150 shipped - just what I paid for it about 4 years ago.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

In CA, they list some models have problems riding due to emissions, you should check that out.
My experience is that with a 5 spd, trying to do traildays & freeway speeds is a problem. I would vote for punching out the 300 to 350 & add a carb. With the 6 spd gearbox, slow and easy & fast & smooth are both possible. Of course maybe you ride faster than me in the dirt and can get away without a tractor gear.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 AM

Sounds like a fair enough deal to me as long as you can give me just a min to recover from all this holiday crap not to mention the wk vacation we get like it or not. Figure after 3 rs of it taking up realistate on you another wk or two hopefully wont be a prob.I havent had the pleasure of putting the drz through any paces to see what it is made of but I have been riding bikes hard since my 4th birthday and I have never had a machine as well rounded as the klx 400 and after adding few engine mods I havent been left wanting more and the perfection on its balance pt both on rear wheel and air makes it look almost too simple. I almost feel like im cheating someone when they bet against a half mi. wheelie etc. Why is it the machines that shine usually only get a 2 0r 3 yr production run.? Im always getting bugged to sale it but not eager to do so with something not easily replacable. anyway if you good with the wk or two delay I will contact you with for all the transaction details. thanks. P.s. If for some reason that wont work for you I fully understand,but very curiose as to where you found the green in aftermarket green. Before finaly setteling for the new black I searched hi and low. If would like to view pict. check out facebook:Mike Morris Murphy. Thanks. Mike

Old 12-24-2012, 04:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Sounds good - a couple weeks it is. PM me when your ready.

Yeah, my DRZ-E was awfully easy to wheelie. I could pop it in 3rd even on a slight downhill section. Gotta have the AP squirt set correctly at just less than 1 second. And that was throttle alone - I never use clutch.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

irocit69 - you still interested in those green plastics for your DRZ? Brand new. Ready to ship.