IMS to consider tank for the 09 generation bikes!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Have you guys had gas stolen out of your tank before? I'm not trying to be a dick here but is anybody really going to go to the trouble to steal ~3 gal of gas, probably less most of the time. I always thought the lock on the stock tank was annoying.
Maybe you worried someone it going to pour something into it? Do you all have locking caps on your cars/trucks?
Educate me.
Dan

Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Have you guys had gas stolen out of your tank before? I'm not trying to be a dick here but is anybody really going to go to the trouble to steal ~3 gal of gas, probably less most of the time. I always thought the lock on the stock tank was annoying.
Maybe you worried someone it going to pour something into it? Do you all have locking caps on your cars/trucks?
Educate me.
Dan
Dan - look at your avatar. Boys like to stick things in holes. That goes for gas tanks too.

I know of people who have had their tanks sugared before. And I had some yahoo dumbarse friends in high school who used to thief gas. Too much knowledge of what shenanigans could happen to NOT have a locking gas cap, even if they are a PITA.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Dan - look at your avatar. Boys like to stick things in holes. That goes for gas tanks too.

I know of people who have had their tanks sugared before. And I had some yahoo dumbarse friends in high school who used to thief gas. Too much knowledge of what shenanigans could happen to NOT have a locking gas cap, even if they are a PITA.
What he said...

Here is the response I was hoping not to get from Chuck:
"Our caps are twist/screw caps. As far as I know no one makes a locking cap for our thread. Acerbis makes a locking cap for their tanks/threads that some people have used on our tanks; however I don’t & can’t recommend using one on our tanks."

Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

think if i had the option i'll go for the locking gas cap but it wont be the deciding factor on me getting this tank. i might not like the fact that i can't lock it so what i'm not really worried personally. the only place i leave the bike besides my garage is at work and there's always people around.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member

I want one of these those molds look awesome!

Old 06-08-2011, 02:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Definitely not a deciding factor for me either..

Old 06-08-2011, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

It just becomes another dual sport compromise but this one didn't have to happen. I read in another forum about a 3.2 gallon capacity on this tank. That additional fuel range is very hard to pass up because of the non-lock lid fault.

Do we know about colors yet? Black and clear/white?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

some teaser pics from chuck..

Old 06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Getting close! I went on a ride last week that was almost 80 miles round trip & I was on FUMES trying to get back to camp. I made it back, but I could have used that bigger tank then.

I'm sick of always worrying about running out of gas. Can't wait.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matasickle
some teaser pics from chuck..

OMG i think i'm getting a chubby!!!!!

Quick Reply: IMS to consider tank for the 09 generation bikes!