I Just Purchased . . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 03:19 AM
Default I Just Purchased . . . . . .

Well, BMWHD has put the IMS tank on his bike.

I finally found someone that was willing to sell me a tank at less than MSRP, didn't want me to pre-order and pay for it before they ordered it and had one in stock, so I've placed an order for an Acerbis 3.7 gallon fuel tank for my KLX250S.

After reading all the information posted at KLXZone on the tank installation, it looks like the tank will not be a problem to mount (I know, famous last words) and I'm looking forward to having a bit more than 90 miles of range when I go off into the Ocala National Forest.

There are some brackets to fabricate, but overall, it looks like the fan stays and it's less of a hassle than the IMS tank project.

Of course, time will tell on this.

I figure a bit of paint and perhaps some graphics decals will hide the majority of the tank and if done properly, will look almost stock.

Yes, I will be posting a step by step photo article on the process showing what has to be done.

Just hope the Big Brown Truck shows up soon!

More to follow.

I found the tank at Ride Now, which is tied in with Arizona Motorsports. I've ordered from them before and have not been disappointed.

Must say that I don't need to work with the fellow on EBay that is advertising the tanks - actually for about .05ยข less. Of course he won't tell you when the tanks will be in, all he states is that if you send in the money, you can be first on the list. Sorry, I don't do business that way. Sounds like signing up to buy a Harley-Davidson motorcycle!

Stay tuned!

Old 04-16-2006, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I Just Purchased . . . . . .

[sm=happy046.gif]

Way to go Marty! Were did you find one? I thought I'd called everyone!

Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Default RE: I Just Purchased . . . . . .

Todd,

I found it at Arizona Motorsports. Call it stupid luck, but their website is not the most user friendly. I had done a search via Yahoo, and their site came up. I kept playing around and finally, found what I was looking for. Perhaps that is why you had trouble.

Here's the information I received from them today:

Acerbis Fuel Tanks and Tank Accessories:
Acerbis 11159403 1 198.00
Tank-Green-KLX250:93-96/300:97-04
(Will ship in 4-7 days)

Should be shipped later this week, or by the latest, on Monday the 24th. Should have it on and installed by our "gathering" up in Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

When it comes in, I'll do a complete step by step install with photos and post them here.