Calling all 2009 KLX Owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Calling all 2009 KLX Owners!!!

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
I'll bite-
'06-'07: 34mm Keihin CVK
'09: 34mm Keihin CVK
bottom line, SAME CARBURETOR.
If you can prove otherwise, I'd love to see. Last time I checked, my '09 has a Keihin carb that says CVK on the top just like my '06 and your claimed to have KLX.

Kawasaki part # for 2006/07 KLX250S carb is 15003-0081
Part # for 2009 KLX250S is 15004-0023 for 49 state.

Yeah you're right, they are obviously identical.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

all I'm saying is they're both the same old 34mm CVK carb, no difference other than idle adjuster.Dude!!!- I'm looking at the carb on my bike right now, it's no different. Trust me on this. It may have different sized jetsand a different idler but the carb itself isno different. why do you think you need to try and convince '09 owners that their bikes have an "all new carb" on their bike? It isn't true. Nobrakes, can you help me out here? Is it not still a 34mm CVK on the '09? I mean, the '09 KLX in my garage at least has this carb on it.

ZX- you really don't have a life do you? I'm done on this issue. If you want to go on believing(for some god only knows reason)the '09 has some other carb on it besides the same 34mm CVK that has been installed on every KLX250/300 since day one, go ahead but you're dreamin' my man.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=closed.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

So 09klx.... when are you tearing into the carb to see if all the factory jets and such are the same.... Im just curious

Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

There were a couple of areas that they said EFI improved over CVK, but it wasn't the lions share when looking at the big picture. By far, most of the positive comments were suspension related.

Fuel injection:
1. Made the engine much harder to kill when lugging the engine uphill in higher gears.
2. Gave increased response over the CVK and an indicated 2hp increase on the dyno.

Supspension:
1. Redesigned swingarn and linkage at the rear putnoticably morepower to the gound in a variety of conditions.
2. The bike has a more planted feel and is more stable in a straight line as well as corners.
3. Much less of a tendency for the front-end to wash-out inloose stuff like sand.
4.Muchbetterat handlingstretches of abrupt, irregular surfaces.

The closestthey came to negative comments was that they still felt that it's a bit under-powered, the EFI wasn't as responsive assome other EFI's,and that you couldget it to bottom-outmaking large jumps, but the stock 06/07 will do the same thing.

I know, I know, I'm attached to the older look as well and didn't want to like the newermodel either, but I've read too many things that translate to tangible improvements.

IG need to get his butt off-road, so we can get a comparison from an owner's perspective.

**The also mentioned that the brakes were improved, though not vastly**

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Hey Dean, just double checking - are you sure those write-ups weren't for the fuel injected version available in Japan? Because I can see that alone making a big difference especially when compared to the very tame CVK carb. That could totally change the character of the bike and might explain the big difference the reviewers are seeing. Everyone over hear that has ridden an '09 sounds pretty much how we all felt about the stock '06/'07.

Just want to make sure we're comparing apples to apples.

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Well, hopefully you will get some reviews over there soon. I have read 3 full write-ups in Japanese magazines and by all three accounts the new bike is is more dirt worth in every respect.My personal calculator says thatcovers more than+/- 5%

I hear ya on the power though. I really wish they would have put EFI on the stateside version because power commander would come-up with a mapping program pronto. Japanese companies move too darn slow on such things. The mag's already measured a 2hp increase over the carbureted model, so imaging what a power commander and more free flowing exhaust would do!

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

outside of the suspension and the shorter 6th gearwhat has really changed? they did nothing to get more power (which is the one area they should have adressed). i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the 08/09 is no better. +/- say 5%.
i'dlike to see it be a better bike for all the guys who waited but i just don't see it happening.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Tremor, are you trying to say i was incorrect in my assumption?[:@] at this point i think i'm supposed to begin my personnal attacks on you. you proved me wrong so let me go think up some good insults and derogatory one-liners.

wait a minute. i'm an adult not a child................. never mind.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

wait a minute. i'm an adult not a child................. never mind.
Well, I just don't think you're going to fit in here, Craig.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm an adult that acts like a child, does that count?

Old 04-10-2008, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

all I'm saying is they're both the same old 34mm CVK carb, no difference other than idle adjuster.Dude!!!- I'm looking at the carb on my bike right now, it's no different. Trust me on this. It may have different sized jetsand a different idler but the carb itself isno different. why do you think you need to try and convince '09 owners that their bikes have an "all new carb" on their bike? It isn't true. Nobrakes, can you help me out here? Is it not still a 34mm CVK on the '09? I mean, the '09 KLX in my garage at least has this carb on it.

ZX- you really don't have a life do you? I'm done on this issue. If you want to go on believing(for some god only knows reason)the '09 has some other carb on it besides the same 34mm CVK that has been installed on every KLX250/300 since day one, go ahead but you're dreamin' my man.

I never said that it wasn't the same, just that it is different.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

After reading half of the latest threads and seeing how many time the great one has risen to spout about how great the new bike is compared to the old one,is why I am out riding instead of hangin here. Peace out my green luvin brothers

Quick Reply: Calling all 2009 KLX Owners!!!