Brake line question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

Originally Posted by Arctra
I tried to get them to change it when I got my first service done by them without success. I've asked Bill how much his cable will cost posted to Aus, and if it's cheaper than getting the Goodridge one from the UK I'll get it.

More of a concern is the fact that they didn't bolt my bash plate back on properly (not sure why they took it off anyway as it has a hole for the sump plug) and on my ride home I realised this. Checked it out and one bolt has fallen out and the other was close to it I don't want to think about what might have happened if it fell off while I was riding home at 70km/h! Guess who won't be getting any more of my business?
Good grief... you ought to post the name and address of this place so people can avoid them. And I'm a nice guy and sometimes let things slide, but I'd be asking for some money back... lost bolts... incorrect installations, bent brake lines..... I like the phrase "not acceptable" when it comes to this stuff.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
Good grief... you ought to post the name and address of this place so people can avoid them. And I'm a nice guy and sometimes let things slide, but I'd be asking for some money back... lost bolts... incorrect installations, bent brake lines..... I like the phrase "not acceptable" when it comes to this stuff.
Well, they've just done right by me. The guy apologised and they've put in fresh bolts all around with loctite to stop them coming undone again. But I don't think I'll be going back there. Pity, coz sales wise I feel they did a good deal for me. Oh well...

Old 06-18-2010, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

Glad to hear they at least covered the bolts. For me the brake line would have been the bigger error, but sometimes you gotta take a compromise. Glad you were happy with the solution.