Blacksmith's Anvil

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Blacksmith's Anvil

Just a quick update - I refined the fit a little bit this evening. Where the pad goes in up close to the tank end of the seat, I trimmed some additional seat foam from the sides so that the gel pad and memory foam fit the existing seat profile in that area instead of widening the seat a little like before. The cut is angled from back to front, though so it is still a little wider on back, but narrower up front. That way, you can hug the seat / tank area with your legs for stability without feeling the new pad.

Took a spin between rain showers and it feels great. I'm looking forward to a longer test ride.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Awesome man.... I would love to hear your report on that longer test ride myself. That gel makes a very nice diference. I like your memory foam idea also. The gel in the summer time can sure heat up and cause some sweat, and I bet the memory foam will relieve that...

Old 09-16-2006, 07:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Did you ever get a long ride in with the seat change before you broke yourself? If so, how did the work out?

Old 09-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes, I got a pretty good ride in not long before that and it worked out great. Actually, I really didn't notice the seat which means it worked out well. I'd spent several hours of woods riding and then a good bit of road afterwards on the way home. It's usually on the way home after some extended off-road riding that I notice the seat being uncomfortable and I didn't even give it a 2nd thought until later when I thought about it and how the lack of seat comfort did not even surface up to my attention where before I'd be squirming around trying to find some comfort. So it was a success for me and I'm very happy with it.