Black Clarke Tank

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM
jb7
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Black Clarke Tank

Guys,
Thanks for the opinions and suggestions. I have decided to exchange the black tank for a natural colored tank, that will hopefully not show any defects as much as the black one does. I have just gotten off of the phone with a very nice lady at Clarke to get an RA# and I was explaining the reason I wanted to return the black tank and she said "let me put you on hold for a moment". When she returned she explained that she had went back to talk to the tech and that he knew exactly what I was talking about. He said that the mold for this tank did not receive a very good plating job when it was produced, and this can cause the uneven finish in this area of the tank. He said that it has been on other tanks, but that I was the first to complain about it. He also agreed that even though the same mold is used to manufacture all of the different colors of the tank, that the natural color would be the best choice to "hide" this defect. That's the story I got from Clarke on the phone this morning, just wanted to pass along the information.

jb7

Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey at least they are honest about it and willing to swap colors for you. As opposed to well we don't know whats wrong, 20% restocking fee and we might have the one you want in stock....

Old 01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
jb7
1st Gear Member

Yea, I am happy with the response from Clarke as far as the customer service aspect of it, the return shipping for the bad tank and the shipping for the replacement tank is a little hard to swallow though.

jb7

Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Trust me my bike doesn't look clean anymore, its been over three weeks since I rode and 3 months since I washed it. The chain is rusty now, thanks for reminding me.
Hey Deej, sounds like the perfect time to swap out the spark plug for a brand new one and see if it starts right up.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

You know, from everything that has been reported here about Clark, It appears that they are a "stand up" outfit. There have been several different issues that have surfaced but they have always seemed to step up, be honest, and do their best to make it right.
I don't think that a bigger tank is in my future, but if it ever does become a possibility I will definately use them.
I have a Clark tank for my XL that I only put on when I'm going to be on long excursions, and it is a quality product.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: deej

Trust me my bike doesn't look clean anymore, its been over three weeks since I rode and 3 months since I washed it. The chain is rusty now, thanks for reminding me.
Hey Deej, sounds like the perfect time to swap out the spark plug for a brand new one and see if it starts right up.

Well it would be if I hadn't ran the gas out when I shut it off. So at best it will be a good test of the running the gas out before shutting it off.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member

ems,

it looks like he had to replace the radiator shrouds as well, eh?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

ems,

it looks like he had to replace the radiator shrouds as well, eh?
You have to use klx300 shrouds when you use the 300 tank.
Divodave now has this bike, maybe he can chime in if it still has the stock fan on it.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Gary, you'll be on the side of the trail in Arkansas pouring gas from your "Jato" bottles as I roost past with my Clarke tank and you'll wish you had one too! Admit it. You know deep down inside that you really want one, don't you? But alas. I will turn around, ride humbly back to where you sit and help you get going again. Just so I can tell everybody...

Can't wait for the Hillbilly Dual Sport Tour in March!

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 01-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadetree
Admit it. You know deep down inside that you really want one, don't you?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Quick Reply: Black Clarke Tank