The awasomeness of Simple Green

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike man...It's a little to clean for me but it looks good...How did you like NY? I haven't rode dirt in weeks and it's killing me!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LearjetMinako
Thats not a problem. I'm always over-abusive on the final rinse. I don't like having soap spot stains left after a good washing.

Where is Deej? Usually you say something about a clean or dirty KLX, he's the first in here.

No harm Deej, you know all of us forum members look up to you as kinda like a forum father (moderator).
Originally Posted by hercrigger
what's going on? where is Deej and why hasn't he seen this yet???????
Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Nothing complicated like melting. Dirt runs and hides before Deej gets within 20 feet.

How was NY?
Originally Posted by klx250scott
Deej would be proud

Good stuff.
Originally Posted by LearjetMinako
Nooo. But I do wonder what Deej uses? Or is it that Deej just stares at the dirt and it melts off?!

I just love the this stuff. I use it mostly on the KLX and to clean up the engine on the Ranger. I should try it to remove all the road kill I got on the front of the Ranger from the trip.
Originally Posted by armycopter
Is this a paid endorsement by deej?

Bike looks great!

hahahah you monkeys, I just found this thread. Yea Super clean is one of the products we use here at work. In fact I have the custodial staff down to 3 products. Which keeps it simple here.

Super Clean diluted for general cleaning
A disinfectant cleaner that kills even the stuff that comes off you guys
and a toilet bowl cleaner that makes the porcelain shine even after Hoedogg drops a deuce.

However, this is what I use on my bike. Although I really have stopped using it since I think it kind of harsh on aluminum.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Jason don't hate so much man! In your responses about the MX 250s, I think you were a little hard on the guy. Relax man take a deep breath. Its all good. And put in some emotion smileys once in a while. Sheesh.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i challenge it to fight. let me grub sum IN n OUT burger after a long night of drinking. i peel the paint off the walls!

"Super Clean diluted for general cleaning
A disinfectant cleaner that kills even the stuff that comes off you guys
and a toilet bowl cleaner that makes the porcelain shine even after Hoedogg drops a deuce

Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

+1 on using Simple Green...I use the Simple Green Max..sprayed on the engine areas full strength, let it soak for a couple of mins max, then simply rinse off for that clean bright shine.
My MX boots seem to be doing more harm top my engine case covers then anything I am using to clean the bike, so I am not too worried about the corrosive aspect of the cleaner. And I rinse the bike really well also.

BTW The Bike looks great!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Jason don't hate so much man! In your responses about the MX 250s, I think you were a little hard on the guy. Relax man take a deep breath. Its all good. And put in some emotion smileys once in a while. Sheesh.
uhhhh.....right, OK

Ninja Edit:

Apparently I missed something..so I deleted some posts to be safe..I'll take your word for it.

Last edited by JasonFMX; 07-01-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tremor38
I'm a fan of simple greeen, but not on my bike. It cleans a variety of things really well....HOWEVER, it's highly corrosive to alluminum and alluminum alloys, so if you have to use the stuff rinse it off immediately and thoroughly. Letting it soak-in is not a good idea.

Here's some findings from a study USAF did on the stuff back in 89. When I was in the USN, we were told to stop washing hanger bay floors with Simple Green while aircraft were inside because its was corroding the wheels.

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-4117.html

Air Force, results from which were published in 1989,
> aluminum alloy samples were immersed in Simple Green for
> a week then removed, cleaned and weighed. The results
> indicated that the approximately 3.5-gram aluminum alloy
> samples experienced a material loss of about 31 milligrams
> in a diluted solution and a whopping 295 milligram loss
> after spending a week in the undiluted liquid. The Air
> Force report summed it up this way: "We do not recommend
> the use of this product on Air Force equipment containing
> aluminum." Good advice, that.

I know you like to play devil's advocate, LeerJet, so don't take my word on it. Do a search for 'simple green on aluminum' and see what pops-up.
No fair Tremor, you edited your post after I typed one.
Just pulling on ya.
Good info about the aluminum alloy. I've been aware of this, so what I should have said by let it soak-in, is, let it sit for 1 minute then rinse off. Also, I've heard to avoid clear plastics as well. As over time, it will cause yellowing.

I don't use the Simple Green for every wash. Just when it gets dirty enough in places where a sponge can't get to. And that may be once or twice a year.