2018 KLX250 Looking for Aftermarket Exhaust but where are the maps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ramajama

LOL isn’t that about typical....kinda like in my instance where I was initially told one thing by my dealership, then told another thing....by my dealership. I think I’m going to contact Yoshi and see what their input is.
Let me know if you talk to Yoshi. They still make the slip on without the o2 bung and it's $130 less so that and an o2 eliminator would still be $100 less than the exhaust with the bung.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Palmer812
Let me know if you talk to Yoshi. They still make the slip on without the o2 bung and it's $130 less so that and an o2 eliminator would still be $100 less than the exhaust with the bung.
I did call them but I got sidetracked. The guy I talked to in tech support said that they test them with NO new fuel mappping. He said that since its just a slip on with an o2 sensor bung, you can get away with no mapping in MOST cases. He said you may want to have it remapped if you ride it daily at either very high or very low altitudes. He said that you can also remap it to maximize power if youre inclined. But in the end it will work just fine with no mapping.
He did note that if you went with the full exhaust, of course you’d want it remapped.

I did not ask about going without the o2 bung but thats not even a consideration for me, I’ll just plop down the extra cash.
So there ya go, straight from Yoshi’s mouth I hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default O2 eliminator!

I was wondering if any one checked the resistance on the eliminate and what pins are actually being uses. Planning on just making one outnof an old plug I have laying around but wasn't sure what ohm resistor I should use I could take it to a shop and hook a potentiometer up to it and play around for bet AFR but I want something I could just do at the house rq. If anyone is capable of checking it for me or knows what it is I would really appreciate it. I would order one but don't want to have to wait(probably still will but I threw the exhaust on my 2018 last night and don't want it to run to lean)

Old 04-04-2018, 12:46 AM
Default 13 front sprocket Did u change the rear sprocket .

[QUOTE=Cormace;539609]So I recently picked up a 2018 KLX 250 and love it! After putting a 13 tooth front sprocket on, am looking for a little more power. Power Commander says they don't have an aftermarket map for for the FI model yet. I was wondering what might happen if I put an aftermarket exhaust on (FMF or Yoshimura) and keep the stock fueling map or should I just wait until a map comes out. Any thoughts?

Do u feel more power with the 13 sprocket is it ok if u dont change the rear im assuming u have the stock chain as well

Old 04-04-2018, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I just got my 2018 about 5 weeks ago and did the 13 tooth sprocket a couple of weeks ago. It definitely helped out a lot. It raised the rpm by about 500 which isn't too bad and now you can actually use 6 th gear at 35-45 and still accelerate.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 PM

I got my 2018 in January, the wait for aftermarket parts availability is killing me!

Old 04-19-2018, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Drew Green
I got my 2018 in January, the wait for aftermarket parts availability is killing me!
I had the same complaint, but it turns out many of the previous generation (2009+) KLX parts fit on the 2018 - pretty much anything not related to fueling should be a direct bolt on. Levers, seats, racks, mirrors, bars, sprockets, wheels, etc.

Go nuts on e-Bay!

-Cormac

Old 04-19-2018, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cormace
I had the same complaint, but it turns out many of the previous generation (2009+) KLX parts fit on the 2018 - pretty much anything not related to fueling should be a direct bolt on. Levers, seats, racks, mirrors, bars, sprockets, wheels, etc.

Go nuts on e-Bay!

-Cormac
That's true. I have a bunch of aftermarket Farkles added to my 18' already. Only thing missing is engine mods. Waiting until there is something definitive before going that route.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Default Exhaust , O2 eliminator, clutch mod

Over her in the UK .I use a gpr full system, O2 mod, clutch mod. The bikes run fine for.the last 4years of owing it. I think these mods are fine and east east to do. I feel any other mods a pissing in the wind for small hp gains on such a small cc engine.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like there is a Power Commander Fuel Controller for the 2018 EFI. Time to start tuning.

Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

Quick Reply: 2018 KLX250 Looking for Aftermarket Exhaust but where are the maps?