2009 KLX250s Injection - How to de-restict and unlock the power?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by stratosa
Hi Nick
How dit it work?
Did you figure out from the ECU pins what this modification does

Hi! It appear that your method tricks the ECU to thinking it is always in Neutral. It basically connects the Neutral Input on the ECU to the side stand sensor. Interestingly, this wire (side stand, the wire you run up to the interlock diodes) comes from the ECU so the modification you found only actually needs a very short piece of cable.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nick
Hi! It appear that your method tricks the ECU to thinking it is always in Neutral. It basically connects the Neutral Input on the ECU to the side stand sensor. Interestingly, this wire (side stand, the wire you run up to the interlock diodes) comes from the ECU so the modification you found only actually needs a very short piece of cable.
ok, so is it a power house now

Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys,

Great info!

Does this re-wiring only give you a higher top speed and rpm's or do you also gain more hp?

I changed my ECU after Kawasaki Thailand called me and said that it was some problems with the one installed at the factory, and after I got my new one installed the bike do 130 kph and I get it up to around 9500 rpm's....

Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM

With re-wiring will not gain more hp, it derestricts the limitations you had before and you dont have now.Since you got 130 Kph you dont have to do any re-wiring.
BUT please check do they change the CPU as they told you or they did the re-wiring themselves.Thanks

Old 07-03-2009, 10:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi,

They changed the complete unit, I was watching while they did it.
I can also tell you that I yesterday removed the lid on the air filter box and now the rpm easily reach 10.5k

My next plan is to mount a new exhaust with modified connector for the O2 sensor.

I don't know what a new exhaust will do, but it feels that the engine have much more to give, just have to figure out what needs to be done to release more HP's.....

Petter

Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Default KLX 250 wiring mods

Originally Posted by stratosa
132 kph
hi,

It's been a number of month's since any posts in relation to the derestriction wiring modifications and I am curious to hear from anyone who has done this as I am purchasing the KLX250 next month?

Cheers
Dave

Old 01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi mate,
I have not done this mod and do not know anyone personally who has. Being as this is my first dual sport bike I may not be the best to judge the performance but I am very happy with my Thai KLX with the mods that I have done and do not feel I need to do any wire mods as of yet. Opening the airbox and changing the exhaust have helped and have opened up my rev limiter. I have added the 2BR Juice Box and that has woke it up too as now it likes to pull the front up. It is no where near as strong as the KX but I do not see where in LOS one would need the speed or power either particularly in my area. You could always wait for KTM to start importing later this year if power is what you crave.
Eric

Old 01-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Default KLX derestriction

Originally Posted by pseacraft
Hi mate,
I have not done this mod and do not know anyone personally who has. Being as this is my first dual sport bike I may not be the best to judge the performance but I am very happy with my Thai KLX with the mods that I have done and do not feel I need to do any wire mods as of yet. Opening the airbox and changing the exhaust have helped and have opened up my rev limiter. I have added the 2BR Juice Box and that has woke it up too as now it likes to pull the front up. It is no where near as strong as the KX but I do not see where in LOS one would need the speed or power either particularly in my area. You could always wait for KTM to start importing later this year if power is what you crave.
Eric
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the input on your bike. I will get the new Thai KLX next month mainly as a run around down here in Phuket and also give it a try offroad. This will free up my Honda CB400SS (my normal run around)for a full strip down and overhaul.

I will not be rushing into 'snipping' any wires as described earlier in the thread and will see how I get on with the bike first.

I won't be in the market for the KTM bye the way!

Thanks again,
Dave

Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Hey Dave

I also have a klx 09 and i live here Thailand and want to do something wiht it. my mechanic says that if you change the exhoust you can damage the engine?
You changed the juicebox, how much does it cost?

Thanks
Preben
Jomtiengoldeninn@gmail.com

Old 01-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Default More Power

Hi Eric, just wondered what you mean by "and have opened up my rev limiter", sounds a simple modifiaction I have missed??

I must admit I have carried out a similar modification to Stratos suggestion with very good results... if you want to test this very quickly all I suggest you do is dissconnect the cable going to the side stand switch and connect it to the battery (-) terminal. I used a spare bit of wire with a bullet one end and a fork crimp terminal the other. (because side stand wire is too short to reach the battery otherwise)

I also have the wiring diagrams, I have traced this out and can justify why it works!

Origionally I could not get more than 65MPH, now I get 85MPH and much better response!

Cheers,

Nick.

Originally Posted by pseacraft
Hi mate,
Eric

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX250s Injection - How to de-restict and unlock the power?