2009 KLX250s Injection - How to de-restict and unlock the power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
You make it sound like a video game..."how do I unlock the power" lol

Yea like what's the code to the mother brain? (Metroid....original Nintendo)

Old 04-07-2009, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Nick, get over to the NEW MEMBERS page and give us a proper introduction.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

I was thinking more like Contra

up, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, slect, start

holy crap...is that the correct code?! ... how the hell did I remember that?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Default Thanks for all the info

Thanks for all the info guys! I checked out the thread on www.thumpertalk.com which is very interesting. I had seen a similar thread on a site called Thia Visa or something like that that also mentioned a magical Black Box.

I must say it does sound plausible as it sure feels restricted though I would feel happier buying any 'black box' through EBay so I could see other users feedback, or even leave feedback myself! Even though it is only £50

I will keep up the quest and report back, im sure someone will figure it out soon.

Thanks again for all your help.

Nick.

P.S. It is not ride by wire (data cable) like I thought and there are two traditional throttle cables coming from the Throttle Twister.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Change the gearing to 13-45, get a real pipe, and have the bike jetted. Those three things will make the bike really fly. In fact it will allow you to actually use 6th gear. Oh and remember that between 7,000 and 8,000 rpm's is the sweet power. Don't be afraid to rap it up a little.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

It is restricted as I had mine pegged at 7k yesterday and was only doing 110kph. ThaiVisa.com is an Expat forum here in Thailand. It contains 98% hotair and B/S from the disgruntled expat community and the rest is normally good poop from well informed and knowledgeable folks. Some of those clowns are also on GT-Rider forum but less so as they get called on it and usually don't stick around when found out. I keep hearing about this new Power Commander but no one can back it up, last I heard (it was backed up with official company statement) not happening be cause they weren't interested. Not sure what the boys in Chang Mai did to their klx's to open it up but i don't feel the need for it right now. Good luck with your mate!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Change the gearing to 13-45, get a real pipe, and have the bike jetted. Those three things will make the bike really fly. In fact it will allow you to actually use 6th gear. Oh and remember that between 7,000 and 8,000 rpm's is the sweet power. Don't be afraid to rap it up a little.
Deej --- Have you been cleaning your bike all day again? Too much cleaner fumes and your rapping about jetting a Fuel Injected bike. Love ya man!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Hahahaha nice!

Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Can't jet EFI, Deej. And Power Commander doesn't make a magic box to remap it. Also, not sure the KLX EFI compensates for more open airbox/exhaust, would need to double check but from what I've heard I think it just makes things worse. They are kind of stuck. This is why the KLX EFI sucks rocks.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I have not had any issues with my 2BR M7 on my EFI KLX. Seems like it has more ***** but that could also be due to either that it's getting better with mileage (like wine) or I don't it ride enough because of work. I haven't tried taking the air box lid off yet...maybe tomorrow...where is that string...

From what I understand the exhaust issue was due to not having the o2 sensor relocated to the new pipe. Mine is on my 2BR S-pipe, which mated with the header pipe with no problem and has plenty of clearance which was in question also with regards to routing around the airbox. But then I am not eggspert, I am just an ignorant trigger puller.

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX250s Injection - How to de-restict and unlock the power?