General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Commander Reset?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Default Power Commander Reset?

wondering if anyone knows a secret to resetting your fuel system back to original settings after a power commander is removed. had a full system on my bike last year and went back to stock this year and removed the PCIII now my bike is running super rich and has some power lose compared to my buddies 636 thats setup the same. mine is smokin a bit and everyone can tell its runnin really rich. i unhooked my battery for a while and put everything back to original settings. any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Power Commander Reset?

if your still hooked up and can plug in the pc, try loading a stock map in it and hooking it back up, then removing it. that is weird, the pc is more like a signal redirector then a programmer. it should return back to stock with it removed. are you still running a aftermarket air filter and full exhaust or is it all back to stock ?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Default RE: Power Commander Reset?

i dont have the power commander at all anymore, got rid of it over winter and haven't ran bike till recently. i still have an aftermarket air filter but the header is back to stock and the slip on is stock just cut down. i actually swapped the slip on with my buddies yosh last night and it ran a lot better, still puffed a lil smoke tho. i think overall its because the stock can i have on it is cut short but the pipe inside doesn't line up directly with the end cap so its causing it to have to much back preasure, gonna take the end cap off tonght and modify it a bit see if i can't open it up a lot more so air can flow straight out. might be a bit louder but idc really. its on a stuntbike