General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

MY INS CO. BURNED ME!! BEWARE.......................

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: MY INS CO. BURNED ME!! BEWARE.......................

Are you financing the bike? If not find out what the difference would be for just liability through Geico. Then put the difference in cost in the bank and at least get some interest on the money, and its there in case you need it. If you are financing the bike, then hurry and pay it off and go with Geico. $80.00 a year for liability and $300,000 coverage. I know I sound like a skipping record, but maybe its something to look into. Now that being said, my cost may have something to do with the fact that insurance is not even required here in Wa state. Or maybe the KLX being a DS bike makes the premiums really low, I don't know. Go on-line and get some quotes.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

soNation Widecalled meback last night and the guy said as a courtsey thing they got a quote from progressive for me. they saidit was a $1000 dollars more then what they were raising it to. i have not checked myself yet cuz i have a little while till it happens. and he said he spoke to a specaillist and he said two reasons why it was so high. 1) they are a high theft item. 2) they fall off the kick stand easy, get knocked over and the plastic bodywork breaks and the bike is a toatal loss form that[>:]. i did'nt feel like bursting his bubble and telling him about my Scorpio Alarm or frame sliders. don't know if it would of made a difference anyway. ill still take my buisness elsewhere...

Old 03-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

falls off the kickstand easy....wtf...... sounds like BS to me... well there are high possibilities of me crashing into a tree with my bike or going off a mountain.... that doesnt make sense to me.... stupid ins companys... and id get my own quotes... dont take his word.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:32 PM

sounds like he was lying out his ***

Old 03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

+1 im not going to take his word on it.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Call Progressive yourself. See what they tell you.

Progressive was great with me and my wreck a couple years ago. I had my bike at the house, agent came over and I showed him all the damaged stuff. He looks on his computer at the retail prices of the new parts. Goes to his truck and prints out a check on the spot. When my policy came up for renewal, it went down $400 bucks.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Dang hd, that is messed up.
I use these guys. http://www.gmacinsurance.com/?planco...p;mediacode=6A
Side note: the side stand on the 10r is too tall from the factory and tip overs do happen.

Good luck

Old 03-15-2008, 01:53 AM

I don't know if they are national or if it is because I work for an insurance company (workers' comp - nothing to do with personal lines) and my agent works for our "sister" company or if it is because I have my auto, home, and moto coverage with them...but after that long intro, I think the premium for my '07 KLX (financed) is about $450??? for the year.Anyway, all of my insurance is through Arbella here in Massachusetts (like I said - sorry that I don't know if they are multi-state). But do keep in mind that if you put all ofyour insurance throughone carrier you'll get a discount (even if you aren't a homeowner, you should DEFINITELY have renter's insurance...er...sorry...I'm not an agent, I'm with a carrier so I don't sell policies but it's hard to turn off themakesure you are completely covered mentality!). And it definitely can pay off to go through an insurance agent instead of just shopping around on your own - if you have a good one, they can be invaluable for assistance if you have a claim or need solid advice on getting additional coverage or insuring a new asset.

Either way, good luck!!!

Jen