General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Dealing with the dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 AM
Default Dealing with the dealer.

I have a few important questions.

My 1 year warranty on my 2007 Ninja 250r will be over in a matter of weeks. I currently have the bike at the dealer for inspection and probably repair (suspected cam chain issue at 6k miles). When I dropped it off I was told it would be 7 days before they could start looking at it, it's been 9 days. I went back in and was told it will be about 10 more days before they even see it.

I'm afraid they are stalling me to get past the warranty date. Will the bike still be covered after the expiration since it's in the shop?

I don't trust these guys at all, not only have I heard 2 other stories about the service department; but the service rep was obviously irritated that I told him firmly I didn't want the carbs cleaned and checked after he persisted for over 10 minutes. These guys are very unproffesional and I am seriously worried.

If they push me until the warranty is up, or charge me for services I specificly didnt ask for.. will Kawi get involved?

Old 04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dealing with the dealer.

You can alwayscall kawi themselves on your questions prior to the expiration date. I would also be looking for another shop to service my ride!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Aggreed , I would call Kawi on the matter before you are faced with the expiration date

Old 04-21-2008, 03:37 AM

Go get your bike. Take it too another dealer. Kawi has no control over what a dealership does. If they are pushing you to get things you don't need, that is a tell tale sign of a dishonest dealership.

All dealerships suck in one way or another, well most of them. I was a die hard yamaha freak. Got so fed up with the **** poor dealership that I switched brands. They also happen to sell Hondas which are great but service sucks. So even with a different brand and different mechanics they still sucked. So switched dealerships and brands.

Switched to Suzuki, they are great but the service guy sure enough sucked. I don't know how he continues to work on bikes but he does not do his work with accuracy or craftsmanship. I did not pay thousands of dollars just so he could put scratches on my ride. His response was get some touch up paint. I would like to touch up his face.

So then went to Kawasaki and yet another dealership. Time will tell but this guy is telling me different stories already. They know that you are not around to watch everything that is being done to your ride. And it would be really hard for you to prove that in a court of law. So they get away with it.

The motorcycle dealerships are far worse than any car dealerships I have been too. When I have my vette serviced the guy takes good care of it. The dealership goes further by cleaning any greasy smudge or dirt that they may have put on it. TLC.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Get your bike out of there, and find a dealer that you can trust, if that's possible. Not all of them are bad and you may have to go to a different town.
And if you **** them off, they may really do a bad job on your bike. Make sure you get it before they start to work on it or you will get charged for that time, approx. $75 per hour.
If you are reading them right, dont leave your bike there!