Big bore & cam timing mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snappster
This sounds very similar to gearing commander's page. I am less interested in speed vs. RPM than I am interested in acceleration/velocity estimations based on torque vs RPM tabulated data. I could play with a graphical torque curve but what I would prefer is the table of data logged by the dynamometer. Now if anyone could get me one of those in excel format(MS access unskilled) I might have some geeky engineer fun.
Way back in college we had to build such a spreadsheet for our Vehicle Dynamics class. It was for based on a Formula SAE car, but easily adapted to any vehicle. That spreadsheet had/did what you're talking about. It was awesome. I wish I knew where a copy was...maybe on my very old laptop...wherever that is...maybe in the garage...

Old 12-29-2016, 10:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lutz
Way back in college we had to build such a spreadsheet for our Vehicle Dynamics class. It was for based on a Formula SAE car, but easily adapted to any vehicle. That spreadsheet had/did what you're talking about. It was awesome. I wish I knew where a copy was...maybe on my very old laptop...wherever that is...maybe in the garage...
I wrote some monstrosity in mathcad years ago that would produce families of curves for parametric studies of gas turbines and piston ICEs. Back then there was no google docs or cloud storage so it rests in that crashed hard drive I kept in a box collecting dust somewhere. I could change one parameter and after a few moments see how it affected the engines. That was my senior year in college. Some of my best days.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I "exported" the data from my latest/best dyno run using the export function of DJ's WinPeP 7 software... I think you'll be very happy to see all the RPM/HP/TRQ data presented in columns that should be easy to manipulate.. I DID NOT do AFR sensing on that run, hence the strange AFR values of "18"..... Have fun and know that there is a "lotta mo" run data files I can share..

DJDataExport.txt

Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM
1st Gear Member

It would be interesting to see if the change in Cshaft sprocket (or gearing) has more change in acceleration than any mod's short of the 351.