Need clear answer... Frame Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Default Need clear answer... Frame Sliders

OK.. I've looked through the pages and have yet to come up with a clear answer on frame sliders. I am just learnin to ride and my stupid @$$ bought an 06 ZZR.... I want frame sliders and need to know if the Pro-Tek frame sliders are no cut or need cut. The dealer I am going through has no idea. They don't even know what parts fit. I just need to know ASAP because i'm picking it up this week after they lower it for me and I know i'm not gonna have the patience to wait for frame sliders. If pro-tek are cut.. can anyone specifically name ones that are definitly no cut and delrin? Thanks.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Need clear answer... Frame Sliders

Congrats on the bike!! Welcome to the forums...

I can't help ya much on sliders, not my thing, but there is someone here who can... There was just a slider post not real long ago, I'll see if I can find it for you.

If I remember right, you want the cut ones, because the no cut used a bracket that bends easily. It ended up causing more damage.

Be patient, someone will give you more info, and Enjoy your stay!!

Old 06-04-2006, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Here's the previous post on sliders.....Should help..

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_36664/tm.htm

Old 06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some facts; no cut frame sliders with the offset bracket WILL FAIL. DO NOT GET THEM!

It is easy to cut your fairings and install frame sliders.

You are correct with using the derlin ones, stay away from the billet ones they do not slide, just grip and break.

Congrats on the new bike bro and do not forget the gear.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:11 AM

Ditto. I've got an 05 ZZR600 and I picked up some Shogun no-cut sliders for it. After being so very proud of myself and mounting them, everywhere I went, riders warned me that they wouldn't do any good in any sort of crash, in fact they said I'd be better off without them. I did a lot of searching, and I have yet to find any story about a no-cut slider that actually worked for our bike, so I removed them. I'd be happy to sell you mine cheap if you really want them... But after looking at that little 4mm bolt that's used to hold them on, you realize that the 4mm bolt is only good enough to hold on the fairing, not hold the weight of the bike during a drop, let alone at any speed. The only sliders that I've heard of that are any good for our bike is the R&G cut sliders... It's a bit more $$$, but you get a new "holy" coolant bottle with your purchase! If you're convinced you'll drop your bike while learning, go ahead and spend the couple hundred on the R&G's, and you'll save at least that much when you drop your bike...