The Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away.

how do you do a stoppie???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how do you do a stoppie???

Sweet!

Old 09-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on thanx for the info evil. like i said im too much of a pune-tang to try a stoppie or endo. but knowing is half the battle.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:32 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

damm it you better go try one atleast.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:02 AM
1st Gear Member

i didn't try one, but when coming to a stop one day I grapped alot of brake to see of anything owuld happen, and if it did I was going to release the brake immediatly, well it did, the front tire locked and gave me a nice headshake. needless to say it scared the **** out of me and i'll NEVER try it again.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:25 PM

ok, i feel i should post here on this topic, i do a shetload of stoppies when im bored. keep your arms locked, dont let them bend, cause that will be the tendency. shift your weight forward off the seat and up towards the gas tank and squeeze the front brake sharply while leaning forward, dont squeeze and just let off, lock it up. but start off squeezing it gently to a lock so the back will come up just a little then go back down, then try squeezing a little harder each time and leaning forward more. pretty soon you can scare everyone at intersections when they are stopped at red lights. nothing beats when you are in the middle lane and the left lane and right lane have cars in them and you roll up to the stoplight and pull a huge stoppie and raise the *** end of the bike to the point it looks like you are gonna roll. i immediatley look around to see what drivers eyes are popping out of their heads. also when you start out, dont worry about leaning up off the seat and towards the gas tank, just stay planted on the seat till you get more comfortable, with a stoppie you dont wanna overdo it when you are just beginning for obvious reasons.. little stoppies will turn into big ones eventually.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on furyofgreen. nice discription.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yeah can i borrow your bike???[&:]..........lol
ORIGINAL: evil636

damm it you better go try one atleast.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:18 AM

keep preachh'n da gospel furyogreen i would add a little, you don't really need to move you're weight forward unless your'e front brakes are thin allso max out air in forks but not with a compressor. when nose wheeling you want too keep the weight center so after you get the *** up [endo] you arch back push against pegs slowly releasing the leaver its kind like use a clutch a little gas less clutch

Old 09-21-2006, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

i don't really agree with the last statement but hey everyone has an opinion. i agree with fury, you should lean forward keep your head UP and do it at a decent rate of speed. if u go slow it's WAY easier to flip it over. i've only done small ones 20-30 footers but that was LOTS for me lol. keep it shiny side up!!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:54 PM

Ok, first of all, sorry, but "nose wheelies" still sound lame to me. I will continue to call them stoppies or endos....all the same though.

Anyway, I was going to write up a big spheil about how to do them, but Matt Blankstrom (pro...duh) wrote up an awesome article in Super Streetbike magazine, which is also on the web! So click on This Link so see it!

Basically, keep your arms locked and straight, lean forward, and grap the front brakes!! Unfortunatly, if you go past balance point on a stoppie, you are screwed...plan on wearing good gear!

Quick Reply: how do you do a stoppie???