Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   The Stunters Corner (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/stunters-corner-70/)
-   -   how do you do a stoppie??? (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/stunters-corner-70/how-do-you-do-stoppie-6261/)

hoedogg 09-01-2006 01:16 AM

how do you do a stoppie???

this question is spawned from meansgo thread about stoppies. so i thought i would take it to the stunt section and let the pro's tell it. not that i have the balls to try it or anything. but how would one go about learning this cool little trick? [&:]

Notstock 09-01-2006 01:19 AM

RE: how do you do a stoppie???

Not sure to be honest but you better up your health coverage :D

evil636 09-01-2006 01:52 AM

depends, usually start out on a 20 inch bmx freestyle bike. move up tp a mountain bike. mabey a honda xr50 and then go big or bust, if you dont have the balls and the acception that you can and will go down. dont do it.

are you refering to a nose wheelie (riding the front wheel to a stop) or a stoppie/endo (bringing the ass end up while the bike is stopped) ?

hoedogg 09-01-2006 02:06 AM

how would you bring up the back of the bike if your not moving?but i guess i meant nose wheeli (riding the front wheel to a stop) and i have tried that on my 20inch bmx mega times and was not very good at it to say the least

ORIGINAL: evil636

depends, usually start out on a 20 inch bmx freestyle bike. move up tp a mountain bike. mabey a honda xr50 and then go big or bust, if you dont have the balls and the acception that you can and will go down. dont do it.

are you refering to a nose wheelie (riding the front wheel to a stop) or a stoppie/endo (bringing the ass end up while the bike is stopped) ?

evil636 09-01-2006 02:16 AM

as i looked at it for years

riding the front wheel till you come to a stop = nose wheelie

going about 15/25 mph and grabbing a hand full of front brake and shifting your weight forward causing the rear of the bike to lift in a stopped state, not moving or rolling forward = stoppie/endo, and that pretty much how you do it with a little compression on the front as you squeeze the brake.

Notstock 09-01-2006 04:00 AM

Not that I am a expert but does it help to push your weight down on the pegs and load the shock, then move forward as you grab the brake. Then the rebound helps a little to bring up the rear.

evil636 09-01-2006 04:10 AM

it helps on a dirtbike, ive pre loaded my street bike a few times doing it and it dont really make that much of a difference. its more so in the front. it helps to compress the forks a little before you hammer down on them.

but if youve ever felt a stunt bike front end, its stiff as hell and i would imagine easier to do it on a stiffer front end. i should try it on a stock suspended bike and see if its like jumping on a marshmallow.

Notstock 09-01-2006 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

it helps on a dirtbike, ive pre loaded my street bike a few times doing it and it dont really make that much of a difference. its more so in the front. it helps to compress the forks a little before you hammer down on them.

but if youve ever felt a stunt bike front end, its stiff as hell and i would imagine easier to do it on a stiffer front end. i should try it on a stock suspended bike and see if its like jumping on a marshmallow.
Go fir it up and try it, I,ll wait!

evil636 09-01-2006 04:20 AM

i did do it on a stock dirtbike. ha haa lets just say by the time it compressed enough for the rear to get up, and the balence point was a little over and the forks started to rebound. it was the slowest jump over the bars i had ever done. i think my brother even deflected the seat and put the bike back down on its tires before it fell over. haa haa good times.

Notstock 09-01-2006 05:10 AM

Sweet!