Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I have a new personal top speed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I have a new personal top speed...

ORIGINAL: undecided

the fastested i had my 636 was about 178 i wanted to go faster but the bike wouldnt go any faster though im thinking about doing the euro jump to it and seeing if i can get to 180.
That's 178 mph indicated speed. I don't know how off your speedo is or if you have any gearing changes. Tire wear should also be taken into account. The more the rear is worn, the faster you will go! (Indicated Speed )

Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 PM

You guys need to take your bikes to a race track. I used to do the same thing years ago I can't lie but I lost several buddies and spent about two weeks in a coma myself before I started racing in 2001.You guys should check out NESBA (north easteren sport bike association) or Team Pro Motion. They both do a really good track day and have experiened rider teach the beginners how todragknees on the race track I'm a coach for both organizations.Just blasting your bikes wide open down the highway with outthe proper gear around cars and trucks trees and guard rails is a good way to end up dead or paralized. If any of you havehad serious road rash it sucks bad. they take a wire brush with nothing to numb you or knock you out and scrubout the gravel tar and dirt. Whenpeople go out and break the law with thier bikes it gives us all a bad name.There are safe places to ride as fast as you want where you can be trained and have ambulances and medical staff right there to help if something goes wrong. I remember my days of being wild and crazy riding 90mph wheelies down the highway so I'm not trying to be a jerk but I found a much better way to let out my speed addiction and I just wanted to pass it on.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thanx brian

Old 02-23-2008, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

when I push my bike I def. don't do it in the carpool lane that wall isn't forgiving if **** goes wrong that's not the place you wanna be......just my opionion....was coming down 405S between 22 and beach heading to huntington and damn neargot full airbournat 135 f'n overpasses, so cal highways are horrible,have fun stay safe

Old 02-23-2008, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

full airbourn...hahaactually the front wheel just came up a couple inches

Old 03-28-2008, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah that is tipical california road all ****ed up!!![:@][:@] you think they could actually get the roads right the first time...but noooo they have to spend the less amount of money by just patching the road instead of actually fixing the road better...

i am always traveling I-80 between sacramento and vallejo and it is bad...every day there is some kind of motorcycle accident mostly caused by bad roads i think...

i did get over 165+ mph while passing a cop on the side of the road (I-80 @ davis, ca) on my way to csus in the morning like 4 am...i have yosh rs-5 slip and pciii

the cop didn't even try to stop me i wonder if he was paying any attention to me or was seriously not thinking of trying to take me on....

i was picked up for speeding one day in sacramento i guess the guy actually finally stopped me at 113 exit in davis (right next to ucd) because i was white lining and there was too much traffic...but i think i have learned my lesson after getting a 1k dollar fine...for going 100 in a 70 on 505...

but if you ask me i think speeding shouldn't be a crime...spend money on real crimes like murders and rapist etc... and leave the motorcyclist alone...

Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adramalech

but if you ask me i think speeding shouldn't be a crime...spend money on real crimes like murders and rapist etc... and leave the motorcyclist alone...
More people die from speeding than from being murdered every year.
-Cody

Old 05-08-2008, 04:43 PM

I pretty much maxed out my '07 650 at 135+ the other day. Might not be as blistering fast as you guys w/ 4 cylinders go but still a hell of a rush...

Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

ya'll need to take that kinda speed to a track so I can see proof you have been that fast and of course for safety reasons. My 10 R says I have gone 168-177 mph but in reality it is only 138-140...granted I am geared and I need to get a speedo healer but unless you got a speeding ticket or a track slip to prove it i might be inclined to subtract at least 10% and possible more since men are known to exaggerate everything, [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Like speedracer mentioned most speedometers are off by at least 7%.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey SKG, haven't seen you in a while. I just got the new speedohealer the other day, I really like it. Has some cool features now too.

Quick Reply: I have a new personal top speed...