Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Why are people stupid?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Why are people stupid?

We are in some serious need of herd thinning....

I get on the elevator from the lobby a few minutes ago, and I hold the door because I see a woman heading towards from a few feet away. She gets on and says "Thanks".

I press the button for my floor, and away we go. Meanwhile - she is very absorbed in her text messaging. Keep in mind this is a 40+ year old woman.

The floors ding by, and my floor dings as the elevator slows down. She looks up at the floor indicator and exclaims, "What the hell?!?!? I thought we were going to 5".

I just smile to myself, and get off on the 9th of 10 floors. I take a quick glance behind me...

THE WOMAN GETS OFF THE ELEVATOR.

I have to stop and watch this one.

She turns around and faces the elevator door, WAITS FOR IT TO CLOSE, AND THEN PRESSES THE DOWN BUTTON!

The SAME elevator opens, and she gets back on, presses 5 (I presume), and away she goes.

I wish I was making this stuff up.

I see dumb people.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Why are people stupid?

some elevators will change directions when called. ours if says going up and you get in and push down your still going up first.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

hahahahah dumbass. all of the phone raidation prob gave her a toumor and dumbed hr down further than what she started with.

just for the sake of bieng a dick you should of told her that that particular elevator only went up and she has to use the othre one to go down[8D]

Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Hoedogg> I know that - and in a building with 20+ floors, I can understand why she got out. But my office is on the 9th of 10 floors. It would have been a whole 12 seconds of her life if someone on 10 had called the elevator from 10.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member

That was dumb! I was watching some neighbors that use to live across the street one afternoon. The garage door opens and I see the mother and her three daughters get in their van. They start the van, crank up some tunes, and back out of the garage.
They stopped in the driveway, all of them got out of the van, and they went back into the house. So this inspired me to watch them more and low and behold, they would do this almost every day, go figure.
Then I saw the Dad come out one afternoon. He backs the van out of the left stall and parks it on the right side of the driveway, behind his car in the right side of the garage. He then gets in his car that is parked in the garage, ( on the right side ) starts it, and tries to back out around tha van that he just parked behind his car. The worst part is that he hits the van and got his car hung up where he could not move it without scraping across the van or running into the garage wall. Well he could have got into the van and just backed it out of the way, but he just kept pulling up and back scraping the hell out of his wifes car and finally got out of the garage. This entire family was mentally defective in the worst way. But I did get a lot of laughs out of them. You just have to wonder about some peoples thought process? This guy was a preacher.