Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

tomohawk tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Default RE: tomohawk tires

I haven't heard much good about em... I recall reading an article and they said they were about like retreads... Don't know if there was any truth behind it or not, but they don't I don't intend on ever putting any colors on my tires so I'll just stick with tried and true Pilot Powers myself. They could turn out to be the best bang for your buck tire out there, I've just been bitten hard by cheap set of tiresd and won't do it again. I'm not a fan of being unable to ride for a month due to a separated shoulder...

Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ryninger

I haven't heard much good about em... I recall reading an article and they said they were about like retreads... Don't know if there was any truth behind it or not, but they don't I don't intend on ever putting any colors on my tires so I'll just stick with tried and true Pilot Powers myself. They could turn out to be the best bang for your buck tire out there, I've just been bitten hard by cheap set of tiresd and won't do it again. I'm not a fan of being unable to ride for a month due to a separated shoulder...
When the best is all that will do, Pilot Powers!

Old 07-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

100% Rubber, not paint or coating!
Tomahawk Tires specializes in the remanufacture of high performance motorcycle tires. Tomahawk's innovative and cutting edge technology used in the manufacturing of motorcycle tires goes back to their roots starting in Europe in 1985.

In their newest U.S.A. facility, located in the Los Angeles area, they have joined forces with a leading U.S.A Aircraft Tire remanufacturer, Desser Tire & Rubber Company, Inc. They have brought to North America considerable experience to produce first class, durable motorcycle tires at outstanding values. Tomahawk has invested their resources in research and development through process technology, mold manufacturing and rubber compounding, leading to production of high end motorcycle tires demanded by discerning riders.

Starting with "State Of The Art" precision-engineered equipment from Germany and Italy, the USA factory produces remanufactured motorcycle tires alongside 225 MPH rated Jet Transport aircraft tires, hand crafted by the same skilled artisans. In fact, Tomahawk motorcycle tires go through the same processes and quality assurance as all of their aircraft tires. Every tire is thoroughly checked throughout the buildup and molding process, and culminates the quality assurance procedure with state of the art Shearography testing of the tire.

Tomahawk exclusive tread patterns and rubber compounds are designed to provide the rider with superb grip, stability and aesthetic appeal.

Compounds are derived from SPORT tire rubber, and have excellent dry and wet weather traction and grip.

Whether you choose black or color compounded tires, we’re confident that you have chosen the absolute best tire value on the market today.

Tomahawk's exclusive COLOR compounds offer a dazzling array of different hues to complement your bikes colors, and to set yourself apart from the pack.

Take a look at our FAQs

Take a look at our QA System

Take a look at our Stress Chart

Take a look at our Great Reviews!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

So who is racing them, uuummmmmm!

I have never heard anything bad about them just would not use them.

I believe they are comming out with the rainbow tire this year for the West LA HD's. LOL

Old 07-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ive been researching, sounds like some good stuff, and in color too. funny thing about this next article, the pic with it, theres a guy that looks just like mk lol

Roadracing World
Updated Post: Assorted Recent Press Releases
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=23111

June 07, 2005

From a press release issued by Mad Kaw Racing:

Mad Kaw Racing stands on class podium during WERA National Endurance at Willow Springs.

Mad Kaw Racing had their best finish to date during the 6-hour WERA Endurance event at Willow Springs Raceway on June 4. The team brought home their CycleTires.com Kawasaki ZX6-R second in the Middleweight Superstock Class and Twelfth overall, and just as at VIR two weeks prior, they did it on remanufactured Tomahawk Tires.

"We made some changes to the rear tire profile after VIR that have given us more side grip" said Team Owner Ivan Messina. "We didn't want to come to Willow with what we had before, the long continuous right hand corners here are really tough on tires. I would go as far as to say that no other track in the country is more abusive on tires than Willow. We tested a few different compounds on Friday, and found one we thought would work." It got warmer on Saturday though, and the first tire the team used during the race didn't work very well. "It was too soft, and we ended up having to switch to a harder compound during the race, but that's why we're out here, to find out what works and continue to develop these tires." said Ivan. The team was ready for the rear tire changes, and they went well, but they were unprepared for the number of front tire changes.

We have never had to change a front tire in a 6-hour event. We changed two here, and with no front quick change equipment we lost some time in the pits." said Ivan. "The pit crew did a great job with what I gave them though. Phil Herrin volunteered to help us out, and he brought his own sprint crew over to assist. Without them we would have had a difficult time, and I have to give all of our volunteers a big Thank You."

The team brought in a new rider for this event, former WSMC racer Frank Nolan. James Toohey and Ivan Messina rounded out the riders. "Frank is a great addition to the team, consistent and fast." said Ivan. "We are all really starting to gel, and I think the result here shows that."

Old 07-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Only thing I saw good in those pictures was sexy alexis, [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-21-2006, 07:47 PM

whats funny there is if you look at the picture with the two motards running the orange tires, with a rocket behind them under the "bit by the dragon" section. The guy on the rocket doesn't make that turn, he bites it pretty good. It was caputred on killboy.com i believe...lol