Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Riding days are probably over.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Riding days are probably over.

So over the weekend I got pulled over on the freeway doing 112 in a 55. The cop suspended my license right there and told me I'm lucky I'm not getting arrested. I have an April 17th court date in the city of Virginia Beach and the cop said I am probably going to do time, which I think is BS because I'm not a criminal. I plan on getting a lawyer and taking a safe driving class my friend was telling me about.

I'm not sure what's going to happen to my bike, I'm waiting to find out the results of court on rather I will sell it or not but if my license get's suspended I'll probably get rid of it and not ride again for at least the near future, anyone got any suggestions?

Old 03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Riding days are probably over.

wow man thats a hefty ticket right there, good luck with that

Old 03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I have a suggestion... be a man and do your 90 days. You took the chance, got caught, and now it's time to face the music. I would leave the "I am not a criminal" defence out of the court, because I can tell you what any judge is going to tell you... hitting triple digit speeds on a public road in this country isa crime. In the state of Virginia, reckless driving by speed is a class II misdemeanor. Trust me, I have experience with these tickets in VA. The only chance you have is that the officer that pulled you over misses his court date. That's how I got out of 100 in a 55 on I-64 in Hampton, VA. You're screwed man, so bite your tongue, be humble in court, and maybe the judge will have mercy and reduce your sentance. Good luck with that man. Don't let one stupid mistake end your riding though. It's not worth it.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member

if you don't have a record and are humble enough in court you may get away with probation and suspended liscense no jail time.

thats the risk of going fast - key is don't speed in virginia - they are ***** about their traffic laws. other states will just slap you with some points and hefty fines.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

read up on the law, is the best thing i can tell you.
good luck

Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

man, that sucks. hillbillies

Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

probally going to need to sell the bike to pay fines/fees,imo

Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

if you sell the bike before the court date and bring the sales slip to court it will help. shows the judge how sorry you are. sorry enough to sel the bike that got you into trouble.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

i had a 94 in 55 reduced to a 64 in 55 by doing that.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

That's a bummer. Guess it's true in some state if you hit the triples they take your license and you go to the clink. Note to self: Read Pa laws in the next few weeks. Anyways, just pray the cop doesn't show up. Find out where he lives and flatten his tires or go to his local bar and buy him drinks all night before court in the am. Just hope for the best bro it's out of your hands now.

Quick Reply: Riding days are probably over.