Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Riding days are probably over.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Riding days are probably over.

Yeah, I'm a 63B (truck mechanic) working as a 25L (cable dawg). Going green to gold would be a fantastic opportunity for you. If you are interested, I would definately do it. I'd go Air Force though... those guys live in the lap of luxury no matter where they are (even over here in Iraq). My 2LT (Ensign, for you Navy minded folks) in charge of the motorpool I worked in when I was in Korea went green to gold. I'm not sure if it was any different though, because he was Army when he was enlisted (11B, right up your alley Rick). From what he told me, officers in the Army aren't given the choice of what field they want to work in. It's not like you'll be doing any manual labor once you get some shiny rank. I love the Army, live for the Army, and breathe only the air that the Army says I can breathe, but if you're trying to decide on a branch, go to the AF. If you have your heart set on the Army, I say go for it. I'm going to be putting in my Warrant packet as soon as I get done with this deployment. There's no way in hell I'm staying enlisted for the rest of my career.