Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Lowsided my bike...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Default Lowsided my bike...

I'm in asscrackistan right now but the morning I deployed I went on one last ride. Traffic was pretty heavy at an intersection I was approaching. I had the green light and made a right turn. I suspect there was some dirt and debri in the intersection. The bike went down fast. It spun away from me down the lane grazing a chevy envoy with the fairing. I slid approx. 30 feet and bounced of a car waiting in the left turn lane. I banged my knee pretty good and I'm wearing a knee brace as a result. I was able to ride the bike home it's just really ugly right now. I'm thankfull of the Icon leg armor that I'm certain saved me from legitimate injury.

Down but not out the damage is mostly cosmetic. I'm going to get it back on the road as soon as I'm back from this deployment. I have already decided to buy a ZX10R, really looking forward to that.

This will be my last post for a while. Internet access here is limited. Ride safe.

Scotty

[IMG]local://upfiles/972/09C08466269C4BC7A31BFC60FFC17AD0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lowsided my bike...

that sucks, glad your ok though. dont sweat the bike, it dont look that bad other then some plastics. e bay forever !! take care out there and thank you for your services. stay safe

Old 02-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

that sucks, glad your ok though. dont sweat the bike, it dont look that bad other then some plastics. e bay forever !! take care out there and thank you for your services. stay safe
+1, and stay safe hero.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-28-2006, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

A salute is in order for those guys and gals in uniform putting their lives on the line fighting for the freedom that we enjoy.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

hey bro thank god you were geared up.... sorry about your bike, but at least your ok.... hey be safe out there and come back soon, bro.... talk to you later....

Old 02-28-2006, 08:03 AM
1st Gear Member

try to stay safe and remember there are people here wishing you the best. Sorry about the bike.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Ouch! Glad to hear that you are okay, the bike can be fixed - you can't!

Be safe over there Scotty - you'll be in our thoughts!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Toad

A salute is in order for those guys and gals in uniform putting their lives on the line fighting for the freedom that we enjoy.
Absolutely! Hats off to you, I know it seems like the whole world is against you sometimes, but I for one respect what you're doing out there. Stay safe and come back soon!

Old 03-01-2006, 01:14 AM

Man sorry to hear about your accident hope you get well soon and hope your bike is ok

RIDE SAFE NOT STUPID

Old 03-01-2006, 02:44 AM

You support is greatly appreciated. I've been playing this game for a long time and I can honestly say I've never been thanked so many times until after the 911 attacks. You can bet that myself and everyone else are working hard to keep the fight on this side of the pond, where it belongs.

I've already peeked at eBay for replacement plastic. The rebuild should be fairly quick. As soon as it's road worthy I'm going to sell it to offset some of the ZX10R cost.

Scotty