Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

London trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default London trip

Well it was supposed to be Ireland but a little snow and ice storm in the north of England left us in London...the trip started too early frost on the cars...it was 30 out...after the first 85 miles we had to pull over for a couple of coffees...we were shakin so bad the coffee started to spill...the sun started to come up and we figured everything would be good...after getting through some traffic on the autobahn I look for my bud who was no where to be found...I slowed way down and then just pulled off to the side...15 minutes and nothing...just then a trucker drives by pointing back...I figure the worse and start riding back - against the flow of traffic-VERY ILLEGAL but that was my bud back there...I find him PUSHING his bike!!! the f@cker ran out of gas!!! his sending unit was shot so we were going off my bike...he didn't top it off like he was supposed to...well he pushed it to the next town just a couple of miles away...I went off and found a gas station and had to fill a water bottle up...then we both went back and topped off...ok back on the road still cold but sunny but not for long...as we're getting closer to France it POURS...so not only are we freezing but we are soaked to the bone...it was raining so hard that I couldn't see...so we pulled over for a bit and the only dry spot - the seat- was a memory...ever see a mexican turn blue??? I really think we were on the border with hypothermia...we get to the Chunnel and we meet a couple of Brits on the 06 ZX-10s...we're shaking and they were laughing...once we got on the train we started to warm up and put some dry layers on...we found out about the late winter they were having up north...oh-well London worked for us...first round a bout went smoothly except that I forgot to check my right...oops...good thing they pay attention...bad enough we had to drive on the wrong side of the road...how do bikers wave to one another there??? they don't...In London someone just about clipped my bud so I had a few choice words with the chap...told me to bugger off??? I told him where to stick his fish and chips!!! it turned into a cat and mouse in the streets of London...it was great...we saw the sights and sounds of London especially Piccadilly Circus and had fish and chips with some local ale...we went back home the next day uneventful and sunny skies but still damn cold... ...We would do it all over again it was a great trip...here are some pics...
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i21/odmeister/London/

Old 04-14-2006, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: London trip

sounds fun

Old 04-15-2006, 03:49 AM

Nice pic's man, bikes look pretty clean after all that rain lol. Glad to hear you had a good trip despite the weather.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

right on bro..... nice pics..... i wish i could ride the autoban....

Old 04-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

AWESOME!! What a trip...

Old 04-15-2006, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like fun...Great pics to