Pre-Canadian trip......trip

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Pre-Canadian trip......trip

Well it looks like the weather might clear a little here and Garland just called me and he's the one the same bike that wants to do an over night to a DNR campground about 45 minutes from Forks. He has an hour to get here and then another 45 for us to get there. So I guess this is it, a lighter pack of course, and perhaps a few pictures, but I guess now is as good a time as any. Pics soon. Shoot I don't know where to start, I had it all planned for a trip in another 2 weeks, but this is sort of last minute, so I guess I'll go home and get ready.

Sort of a pre-flight.....flight. We'll see how it goes. Any last minute words of wisdom? No? OK.

I'm taking the water and gas because we will likely be exploring the area and there are no gas stations up there. Good by? Farewell my friends...........

Old 08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Well hey mang be safe and I guess we will see you when you get back,, Be carefull you will be missed...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good luck deej! let us know how it went.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Bon champs.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok so the trip didn't go as planned, or maybe it did. We rode to the DNR campsite about 35 miles from Forks, and it looked pretty muddy from all the recent rain, and really we just wanted to ride and see what options were out there. We ended up going all the way across to the highway and up the coast just having a blast checking out some campgrounds, every one was either full, reserved, or just plain old nasty. Having so much fun we decided to loop it back to the house and make some chili burgers and pork chops.

Couple of things, the Anti Monkey Butt powder is the greatest thing ever invented. No more sticky, sweaty, chafing. It was a dream come true. Not that I have dreamed about it but you get the idea.

The GPS was great as usual. My old piece of crap Kodak camera stopped working halfway through the ride. From my house and back it was 110 miles. A few comments about the mileage.

Both bikes have the full Muzzy, 13 tooth front, same jetting, but I'm running the 45 tooth and he's got the 42. We decided to see where reserve kicked in and to see where we would actually run out of gas. I hit reserve at 80 and Garland hit reserve at 88. I ran out of gas at 102 miles and he made it to the driveway at exactly 110 miles and then it started running out. Pretty consistent.

pics soon

Old 08-02-2008, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey wtf!!!!! Where are the pics!!!!

You know the rules, at least a couple pics each day riding or not and a pic of your meal of the day.

btw you can save up the pics and report until you get back.....but that is not as much fun.......POST IT UP SLACKER.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Rules!

Old 08-02-2008, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

He, he! Git-r-done Deej! Glad you had a good ride!

Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

The usual suspects

I took off the pelican case in order to move the pack a little farther back. But if you look, most of the weight is still on the seat.

Garland's bike

Yours truly

Classic ADV road side pictures

Garland just wanted to ride, and so did I, it was a good ride although it looked like it wanted to rain the whole time.

Whoops I just ran out of gas, and unlike when you hit reserve, there is no sputtering, its like someone reached up and hit the kill switch. Interesting when you're doing 60 and there is a car right behind you and no place to pull off.

I used to have some friends that lived in this house, sad really, that was 15 years ago.

Ok 8 miles to home.

Like I said, my camera is not working, and I guess banging it on the handlebars isn't working, and my wife has the good camera in Houston.

Also we were reading the load range on the rear tires and mine is 803 lbs and his is 635 I felt like I could have cruised across the country the bike was running so good, and the load rode perfect. Canada here I come.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Great shots there DEEJ. Nothing like traveling light hey? LOL.

Cool man.

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 08-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Pre-Canadian trip......trip