Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Lets See Who Two-Wheel Riders Support
Obama/Biden
15.00%
McCain/Palin
65.00%
Who Cares, I Like Beer
20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Little KF Poll - Whom Do You Want for President?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 AM
1st Gear Member

As for me, I'm not crazy about McCain since he's basically just another 4 years of Bush. That's something we can NOT afford another 4 years of, sorry. Also, I hope that Palin dies in a great fiery death. I'm an environmentalist at heart and she's totally anti-environment. Don't believe me, go look up all the stuff she's authorized since becoming Gov of Alaska. I don't know about you but I'd like to keep the planet from becoming a massive cesspool of crap which if we let Palin have her way we'll get in record time.

Also imho, anyone that says "America is not ready for a black president" is in truth meaning "I'm not ready for a black president". Sorry but that's the truth, if you think the nation is not ready then it means you're not ready for it. Personally I don't give a rats **** if the person is black, white, red, yellow, green, purple, orange with black polka dots.......... it doesn't matter what they look like, just what they can do.

I also believe that it won't matter who gets in, since it won't do much change on the side of good. Here's how I see it. Expecting the next president to fix this country is like having a football team that hasn't won a game in 4 years, getting the best quarterback in the world, and expecting him to singlehandedly turn the team around. It just ain't gonna happen. We need to fix Congress (both Senate and House of Reps) in order for this country to start coming back. Get the corruption MOSTLY out of Congress and then you might start seeing some good changes, but not until then no matter who the president is.

But that's just my $0.02.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:03 PM
1st Gear Member

well there goes civility. im not real big on people attacking my theories. I AM ready for a black president. this one? not so much because i dont agree with his policies. so, thank you kindly, but i am ready for a black president who understands drastic change is awful for any civilaztion.
but at least you understand that congress is most of the problem.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok, fair enough. Then your opinion is that you're ready for a black president, but you just don't agree with Obama. It was just the way you worded it in that it seemed like it wouldn't have mattered who he was just the fact that he was black. I didn't mean any offense by it, was just going off of what you said.

Personally I do agree with more of his ideas then McCain's since most of McCain's ideas are just a continuation of Bush's which I don't like. Just differences in opinions here is all.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

right. and looking back at my original post i can see your point. Im not sure either candidate is a good idea for a new president. the dems in general are much too drastic and mccain doesnt have enough change planned.
sorry i blew up

Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I say Deej for president, we would have a really clean country

Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

i'd vote for him, long as i dont have to do the cleaning or pay for it

Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry I'm too busy cleaning.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigRig18Wheeler
and it should be popular vote IMO.
I agree - the electoral college makes a lot of people not vote because they feel like their vote doesn't count.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sombo
As for me, I'm not crazy about McCain since he's basically just another 4 years of Bush.
you've been watching too many Obama ads on TV. McCain is one of the few reps who has had the ***** to stand up to the president when he disagreed.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

for me it comes down to a few points

-obama is for more government , mccain is for less +1 mccain
-obama wants to take away 2nd amendment rights, he can do it with bills and by placing anti-2A judges on the supreme court. Obama wants to override all the states that allow their citizens to get conceiled carry permits and to open carry for self defense and ban it nation wide (national "please rob and rape us" sign, because asside from wrongful prosecution in cases of self defense CCW holders don't commit crimes) +1 mccain

there are more reasons, the 4 more years of bush in iraq argument is moot because by the time either one takes office the timeline for leaving will be in place signed by the Iraqi government.

Quick Reply: Little KF Poll - Whom Do You Want for President?