Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I'm really screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm really screwed!

I don't really know whether or not every state in the US has a stop type program. But I sure am glad Nebraska does! I can get a ticket every three years without worrying about getting points taken off my license. (not that I'm gonna try to get a ticket every three years)

Old 08-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: bluebird

You guys are frigging lucky that you can do that! Here its tough crap, pay up, lose some points on your license and say hello to the lovely insurance companies that love to screw ya over!!

Needless to say - I have a perfect driving record at the moment, can't afford to not have a perfect one!
knock on wood.

About 16 months ago I had to pay a attorney 2k to defend my right to drive here in cali. [&o]
After wards I bought a radar detector and have not been pulled over once since. God bless technology
Holy crap!! That's nuts! Yeah definately knock on wood - I've been lucky so far. Can't even go the radar detector route here, they're illegal [:@]

Old 08-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

You guys are frigging lucky that you can do that! Here its tough crap, pay up, lose some points on your license and say hello to the lovely insurance companies that love to screw ya over!!

Needless to say - I have a perfect driving record at the moment, can't afford to not have a perfect one!
knock on wood.

About 16 months ago I had to pay a attorney 2k to defend my right to drive here in cali. [&o]
After wards I bought a radar detector and have not been pulled over once since. God bless technology
Holy crap!! That's nuts! Yeah definately knock on wood - I've been lucky so far. Can't even go the radar detector route here, they're illegal [:@]
Thats when you hide the detectors and the LEO doesn't even know you have one. "Fight the Power"

Old 08-23-2006, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

There are places here that detectors are illegal also. I have heard of people getting caught with them, and the officer has made them put it under their tire and run it over!

Old 08-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

You can do that, but.........if they find it, they'll take it or make you destroy it right in front of them - then give you a fine for it. Not really worth spending the money on one. Thats okay - I still get to have my fun when I feel a need for speed.........just gotta go to the right remote locations

Old 08-23-2006, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Yup, it's all about finding the right place to do it.

There is a huge stretch of road I've been on that no one drives on, and it's fresh smooth pavement too!

Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

I have seen then installed in the nose of an R1 and you can not even tell it is there. Then you use a wireless remote alert indicator in your helmet to flash you when there is a threat. "Fight The Power"

Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I have seen then installed in the nose of an R1 and you can not even tell it is there. Then you use a wireless remote alert indicator in your helmet to flash you when there is a threat. "Fight The Power"
Not a bad idea at all! maybe if I ever get a bike fast enough to get me in trouble, I'll have to do that.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I guess I need an R1, in black! I'd need to try one out first though, see if I can get my feet on the ground, hmmm, may have to see if I can find one somewhere to check out! My girl doesn't really have any good hiding spots - well not that I know of anyways!

Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I bet with a little creativity and some velcro you could fit a compact radar detector in the front fairing to one side of the the headlight, heck maybe even beneath the headlight right above where the two screws hold the front of the fairing to the fairing mount. hmmmm,

I don't think radar detectors are legal here in so cal (heck everything is illegal) but you wouldn't know it what with all the little civics and wannabe rice racers with them stuck to the winshield.