did I get screwed?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Default did I get screwed?????

First off, I have a 2005 kawasaki 636..... I had a shop put on my new two brothers exhaust and a power commander on my bike. Everything seemed to be going well with them except they took longer than they said they were. Yesterday I picked up my bike and they told me that my low tourque is really bad and I need to get a dyno tune from them!!!! So, I really didn't think anything of it because they loaded the 2005 kawasaki 636 w/ two brothers exhaust map on my bike. So I drive off the lot and about three miles later dark black smoke comes out from my exhaust.....also, my bike lost about 50HP....!!!! Everything sounds good on the bike, but it is running really ****ty, my bike would get passed by a 125 dirt bike right now...pathetic. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing...what should I do???? I figured that maybe they loaded the wrong map or something, so I downloaded the map again....same conclusion. When I had the power commander hooked up to my bike it said on the trottle description -32....normal????? Please if you know what's going on or what I should do please let me know...

Randy

Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: did I get screwed?????

i haven't changed my exhuast yet, but i haven't hear of any problem like that before. usually it's pretty straight forward with those installs. now the shop that installed it should have been able to fix that problem. that's what their there for. it's one thing if the bike went in that way. so i would take the bike back in there and have them fix it... thats bull ****.... did you get the parts from them? if so and one of the parts are bad then they should replace it....

Old 10-07-2005, 09:50 PM

ok...i'm no mechanic or nething but uhhhh i think u got screwed buddy....sorry...

Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Try taking off your power commander, and installing the appropriate map yourself.... They could have put in a bogus map to make it seem like you HAVE to get a dyno tune and spend more time and money on them... Just a thought

That task is very simple to do on your own

Old 10-08-2005, 07:20 AM

from all the mags i have read on this bike, the one thing that you didnt have to do when you install a muffler is remap. They said in it that it should have no prob with an muffler. Tell us all what happens, im very intrested to find out what happened!

Old 10-08-2005, 11:20 AM

Unhinge the fuel tank and see if they connected the PC wires correctly. I put my PC in myself and have no problems at all, just followed the instructions. Ill get a pic up as soon as my camera battery is charged to show you the wiring.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:20 PM

Sublime,

The throttle setting should be set to 0. From what I understand, every Powercommander needs to be zeroed when installed. Use the CD that came with the powercommander and read about setting up the powercommander. If I remember correctly, you need to run the bike till warm and hit reset for the throttle angle, then quickly snap the throttle from closed throttle (idle) to full throttle. THIS WILL WAKE UP YOUR NEIBORHOOD! Dont do it late at night.

Another problem could be that they got some wires hooked up wrong. Look at the instructions and confirm they have the right connector going to each injector (wire color codes). Check out the installation instructions from powercommander http://www.powercommander.com/maps/install/I218-411.pdf

Here is a link to different Maps for the 05 ZX6R. http://www.powercommander.com/218-411.shtml Don't use the european versions, The ECU is different.

Good luck,
Mike

Old 10-08-2005, 05:33 PM

Sublime,

Here are the tutorials from the powercommander site. http://www.powercommander.com/tut_download.shtml I would look at how to adjust your throttle position under the PCIII USB section. You might also look to how to download a new map tutorial as well. I am a auto tech by trade, so I usually read up on all the functions the powercommander has.

Mike

Old 10-08-2005, 11:24 PM

I am a mechanic and second off i have a 05 636 with after market pipe. Changing a pipe should in no way cause a condition with smoke. I do not have a power comander but that is something that if it is programed in correctly may cause this problem if it is loaded with incorrect information. I think that would be your problem. Many people say that you need to dyno your bike. But i would not think that it would be that far off of stock. THe place that did these adjusments should be resposible and you should take that back to them and tell them they need to fix the problem

Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: grafhky52

I am a mechanic and second off i have a 05 636 with after market pipe. Changing a pipe should in no way cause a condition with smoke. I do not have a power comander but that is something that if it is programed in correctly may cause this problem if it is loaded with incorrect information. I think that would be your problem. Many people say that you need to dyno your bike. But i would not think that it would be that far off of stock. THe place that did these adjusments should be resposible and you should take that back to them and tell them they need to fix the problem
I 100% agree. Freaking dealers, if nothing else cancel your check or get your CC company to remove the charges from your account and go somewhere else.

Where are you from? Send me a PM and I can probably find you a good shop that comes by way of recommends from other bikers to help you.

Stay the f-away from the dealers they suck!

Quick Reply: did I get screwed?????