Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I'm really screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I'm really screwed!

I got a speeding ticket today! But that's not the bad part. The bad part is that I was driving the company truck![:@] This is the same company that seems to have a itchy trigger finger when it comes to firing people. I told my boss when I got back, he was pretty cool about it, but I have no idea what the main gm will do when he finds out.[]

I got pulled over on the highway as the sheriff passed me. When I saw him turn around, I seriously thought he was gonna go after the guy in the black avalanche in front of me who was going faster then me. Instead, he gets right behind me, and hits his lights.[:@] I knew I was going a little over the speed limit, but I figured it was maybe 5 or 6mph over. The officer told me I was going 68 in the 55 zone. I swear he must have mistaken me for the other guy in front of me. There was no way I could have been going that fast. I know I'll also never be able to fight this in court wither. it wouldn't be worth it anyway. At least I can probably take the stop class and have the ticket go away. It's my job that I'm really worried about. I hope they will understand that this is my first ticket ever in all my years of driving! Hell, I've never even been in a car accident before.

oh, I almost forgot, the insurance card in the truck was also two months expired, so my company got a citation for that. that'll ****'em off even more!

Old 08-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Default RE: I'm really screwed!

WHY WOULDNT IT BE WORTH IT TO FIGHT? SORRY ABOUT YOU LUCK

Old 08-17-2006, 03:16 PM

sorry to hear about that mark! if he did not have u on the gun i would go to court and show ur boss ur right that cop was a d**k for giving u a ticket for 5 miles over. lets all unite and start anarchy in this world on our bikes LOL

Old 08-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

that sux bro.[:'(]

Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry bro, I guess I understand why you would not fight it since the real damage is already done. Plus trying to fight it would be your word against the LEO's all you can hope for is that he or she is a no show.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

My boss called me this morning, He told me that the main management is going to pretend this never happened! I guess maybe it won't be so bad after all.

As far as the ticket goes, I'd rather take the stop class than have any ticket on my record. I don't want higher insurance rates.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

if your in californa e-mail me at nrickyz@aol.com. i might be able to help you.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

I signed up for stop class today. It cost me $75, will be on the 3rd of next month, and will last eight hours! I'm sure it will be boring as hell, but not having a ticket show up on my record is worth it. Not to mention, the class is still cheaper than the ticket!

Old 08-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

You guys are frigging lucky that you can do that! Here its tough crap, pay up, lose some points on your license and say hello to the lovely insurance companies that love to screw ya over!!

Needless to say - I have a perfect driving record at the moment, can't afford to not have a perfect one!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

You guys are frigging lucky that you can do that! Here its tough crap, pay up, lose some points on your license and say hello to the lovely insurance companies that love to screw ya over!!

Needless to say - I have a perfect driving record at the moment, can't afford to not have a perfect one!
knock on wood.

About 16 months ago I had to pay a attorney 2k to defend my right to drive here in cali. [&o]
After wards I bought a radar detector and have not been pulled over once since. God bless technology

Quick Reply: I'm really screwed!