Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I hate being indecisive...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Default RE: I hate being indecisive...

You are to never get on a bike after you had a fight with a family member, girlfriend or boyfriend, when you upset or angry. You need a clear mind.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird
Now get out there and get a bike, any bike!!

Trust me I am definitely trying. Found a Suzuki GS500F on ebay that looks nice but it's in New York about 150 miles away, so doubtful I could find time to go look at it. It is a dealer but obviously I wouldn't want to buy it without seeing it first.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:31 PM

Wannabe250, where are you located and what part of NY is it at?

Trust me, it took me 3 months to find the right bike at the right price. Patients, I know you really want a bike, I can relate, but don't rush it . I rushed once and ended up getting a HOT bike, luckly my pops is a retired POPO and that scarred the kid to take back the bike.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:45 PM

2003 KAWASAKI NINJA 500, Must Sell, Blue, Like new, 2000 miles, adult owned, never down, Mint Condition, Great gas saver, $3300. (203) 414-3896 (4X). Fairfield

2000 KAWASAKI KX500, very low hours, set up for trail riding, still has original chain & sprockets, new tires, runs strong, adult owned, never raced, must sell, took up boating, $2800. (203) 272-1514 . Cheshire, CT

2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 2 Cylinder, 4-stroke 250cc Motor,MINT condition! Green fairings/purple rims, only 2K mi, adult owned/operated, all stock, no modifications, dealer serviced at scheduled 500 mile service /maintenance, never dropped, not a scratch on it, cleaned after every ride!! Must see/ride!!! $2800 email: dfgreco@hewitt.com

Old 06-05-2006, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: littledevil
You are to never get on a bike after you had a fight with a family member, girlfriend or boyfriend, when you upset or angry. You need a clear mind.
What she said... No, REALLY. I made the mistake of doing that once, and it was painfully obvious how erratic and dangerous my riding was. Definately not smooth, definately not looking out for everyone trying to hit me. It's bad enough the deck is stacked against you on 2 wheels, you have to keep a cool head and not add one more problem to the list. I know I scared the crap out of myself and nearly bit it hard. Totally my fault, and totally not worth it. Never again.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 AM

I'm in Granby, CT.. the bike is in Smallwood, NY.. here's the Link

It looks plenty clean but you can never tell.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:58 AM

I know that ebay seller. Him and his son sell alot of bikes. That's by where I first lived in NY, Middletown. I'd go check it out for you cause I know the area, but I still can't drive yet. Are there no Suziki dealers by you? I know of one in Danbury. Those guys at Power Honda (they carry Suziki) are cool people.

I'll keep my eye out for you of any GS500.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:03 AM

Well the problem with dealers is that they charge dealers prices. So the bike I want (GS500F) I can't afford at the dealer, but I can afford some private sellers.

Damn money.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Yea LD is right, I looked at least 12 different bikes before I rolled up on the one I bought. If you are lucky enough to live in a large metropolitan area than there will be lots to chose from. If your in rural America or the boonies then the pickens will be slim and you may need to travel.

Beware of ebay, do not give any money for a bike that you can not see first. I bought my race bike on ebay about 500 miles away, no money traded hands until after a inspection.

Take your time if you get to anxious you may end up with more of a problem than a good running bike.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:34 PM

I love going to dealers, flashing some money infront of them. It's like waving something shiny in front of their eyes as they get hypnotized. lol

If you get out a dealer, like the one I mentioned down in Danbury (exit 4 off of 84w) they are cool as ****, and when it comes to cash, all dealers will make a sale. You gotta play it cool, like "you don't want my business, that's cool, I"ll go to joe shmoe down the road"

Quick Reply: I hate being indecisive...