Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Girlfriend Vent

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Girlfriend Vent

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Thinking about going outside and washing the bike...... But that requires being " not lazy" today. lol

Hey, come on over man, we'll watch the Colts - PAtriots game.....
We'll go to Bob's and watch it on his 70' plasma lmao

Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! NICE!

We could bring some hand made cookies from First ninja's mom. lol lol

Old 11-05-2006, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

hahahaha.... that would be great man.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

hey leeave my mom out of it LOL. Luckly shes gone now i can tell ya about the c*ck block story

Old 11-06-2006, 03:48 AM

Dude, I hate to say it but once everything has gotten out of the bag, you could never go back or trust her . I know you don't want to hear this but do yourself a favor from heartache and just leave her be. As they say about more fish in the sea. You are so much better than that. In the famous words of Chris Rock Old P**** gives you a headache, New P**** clears your mind> LOL

Old 11-07-2006, 04:41 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blackkawi400

Good to hear you let her go man!!!

Oh, and I don't have an issue with being taught........... I'm a good learner too!!

The only problem is that all women are completely different and not one of them knows 100% what the hell they really want..... well, besides shoes....

Hey now not every woman likes shoes. I have 4 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of those are boots for work. and another is goth boots for halloween. so HA HA!

This is what I have learned in life. Trust is the biggest element in a relationship...because without Trust how can you truly love someone else?

People can get over saying something that was wrong or that hurt (eventually) you can't take back sleeping with someone else...ever. That thought will always be in the back of your mind.

Fortunately for all of us there is always someone out there that will love us back and treat us well, it may take a year to find them...but then again it may take a week. Always look forward to tomorrow because you just never know what joy it may bring you.

Ryan are you STILL suck on the Mom c**k block thing?? LMAO

Old 01-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Man oh man, I'm so late in my response to this and it's probably not even an issue now, but the not-PR not-PC, blogger, writing fanatic in me is unable to stay away from something this touchy, this juicy.

OK; trust is an issue. But you have to look at the cold, hard facts, you were at least honest enough to admit one mistake, but there are probably many more lying underneath the surface. Speaking of lying, you both did wrong, the onus of blame is not solely on her. In the past, was your relationship good? Were things happy, soothing, and secure until the issues arose? With the exception of the deception--which, I might mention, you have laid out as speculation and not concrete yet--did things fit?

I ask this because I have been that girl who has messed up, in monumental ways, but truthfully was just conflicted, and hurting internally in ways I couldn't express. As much as everyone likes to rail on women as entrapping pillars of mind-games, as a bi-polar myself, I know we have an eskewed view of reality, ecspecially when not dulled and dimmed by medication. You say she throws 'resolved' issues at you, but obviously they weren't, and perhaps you've done the same? It seems she's playing mind-games, but she's probably just as confused, if not more so, than you.

You say you're traditionally minded... why all the games, the dance, the deception on both your parts then?

Here's another tidbit: human beings are fallible. We are not gods. There is no universal truth, no "saying how it is" because we all have very biased, personal views and perceptions on what reality is. You are not saying "how it is" because you can only say how you percieve things, and you need to stop hiding behind that curtain, and using it to justify potential cruelty to other human beings. I'm just absolutely disgusted anytime someone tosses out the line: I just say it like is... because it's such a crock of denial and bull. Own what you have to say, what you have to feel, claim it as yours. Don't feel the need to inclinate some greater means or reasoning, because, in this case, there are none.

The tenets of monogamy are far more constraining and confusing than most people would like to admit, because we've been conditioned, in our current society, to feel one way. When we can't deal, we run. When other people can't deal, we run. Something happened, and she couldn't deal. Then you couldn't deal. Part and parcel of what I like about the alternative, polyamorous culture is the strong focus on communication. If you want to persue a monogamous relationship, you've got to talk, talk, and talk more, until the subject is exhausted, and therefore you are no longer at fault. I don't know the specifics, so perhaps you've already persued that route, and I'm being redundant.

I've made my mistakes in the past, and I'll tell you what: I was not trying to play games, or to hurt anyone, I was just either hurt, confused, or insecure. I was also struggling with my repressed sexuality. The prevailing, established culture in the United States is not conducive to someone like me. I'm bisexual, and both gays and straights hate me. Straights see me as a ****, or attention *****; an intellectual and sexual invalid incapable of any relationship with greater meaning and connection. Gays see me as indecisive, in denial, and trying to take advantage of 'straight privaledge' while 'having my cake and eating it too'. Both camps love to blame bisexuals for the dispersion of VDs. What does all this have to do with this tangent??

The 'alternative', the strange, and the new are very frightening conceps to the mundanes, the traditionals, but it might not be the evil you see it as.

The fact that she continues to maintain contact with you, and express deep emotion for you, is a glaring red flag to me. She cares, and she loves, but she's lost. Most likely, she will be unreceptive to any mention of 'other routes' and henceforth, the advice you recieved about leaving was best, but if you really love her, and she loves you, and if you really want a life with her, you two just might find a way, if you're willing to think outside the box, admit you both ****ed up, and that you're both fallible.

If she was just a short-term girlfriend (which I consider to be 6 months or less), and your connection wasn't that deep, toss what I have to say out the window; it's really moot at this point.

We bi-polars have a tough lot in life, particularly those (like myself) who refuse to concede to the crock of crap that is the established psychiatric profession and zombiefy ourselves with medications we don't need. We may be irrational at times, and our emotions are a maelstrom, but I'd take feeling over apathy anyday. Regardless of what path you choose to take in the long run, I wish you the best of luck.

I just felt the need to step onto my little soapbox and rant for a minute.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Still remains the same solution DTB!