GIRLFRIEND PROBLEMS ON BIKE

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Default GIRLFRIEND PROBLEMS ON BIKE

Hey yall my family on the forums i have a problem my girlfriend does not want me to get a bike and i dont know what to do its driving me crazy need help my forum family by the way the bike she is stopping me from getting is a KAW ZXRR 750 99 what should i do i need my bike like i need air and she is very controlling and demanding not to mention she a bike i dont know why she is tripping this is my third bike please heeeeelp

Old 02-10-2006, 02:18 AM
Default RE: GIRLFRIEND PROBLEMS ON BIKE

lol- i had tha same problem with my first bike- we had fights, she cryed, and everything like that- tha way i did it.... i just went out and bought it one day- it was so funny cause she couldnt do anything after that- nah but (hopefully) it shouldnt be a problem if you just got one, she'll get over it

(i hope this helps and doesnt break you guys up?)

Old 02-10-2006, 03:41 AM

this is why i consider myself to be one lucky sob. my girlfriend ASKED me to get a street bike. of course, she was leanin towards an r6, but she hasnt complianed about the 636. when i originally brought up that i wanted one dude, i couldnt keep her off me but seriously, just talk it over, use some logic like gas mileage, insurance whatever, and just try to convince her. thats what i had to do with my parents. i had the same problem with my ex, that your having. she HATED the fact that i wanted one, thats why i never got one before, bbbbuuutttt now that shes an ex and i have a RIDICULOUSLY awsome girlfriend, no worries about that. in the end it will be all good man, just talk it over.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 AM

my last gf use to race a stretched busa, and im single now, so sad to say but im not having that problem right now.... gas miledge is prob the best solution... i dunno...

Old 02-10-2006, 06:29 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

dump her, youll pull more tang with a bike then youd ever imagine. just hope your not some ugly *** swamp creature when you pull off your helmet and your in.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Well - I say go for it, get the bike! It probably will cause some headaches for ya, but you can't let other people hold you back in life. I had a similar situation (but reversed) I decided that I wanted a bike, looked around and found the one I wanted, then I told my hubby that I was getting a bike. I did it that way because I didn't want anyone talking me out of it.

From experience in past relationships, as hard as it is to realize this, if someone can't support you in the things that you are interested in and want to do, they aren't really worth it in the long run. I know that sounds kind of harsh and weird coming from a girl, but like I said, I say that based on personal experience.

Good luck, I hope you get the bike and hopefully the gf will come around! Keep us posted!

Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 PM

dude, i had the same problem. she didn't want me to get a bike at first...but that was okay cause i really couldn't afford it. then after i moved to atlanta i decided i was going to get one. i called her and reasoned with her (cause she was my reasonable mind then) and she wasn't 100% but i got it anyway. when she came down and saw it, she said..."okay, i have to admit, that is hot."

and you can always use the excuse that if she really loves you, she'll want you to be happy. haha.

Old 02-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

i would have to say get the bike.... everyone who replied to this has pretty much said the same thing... but bluebird's reply made more sence... what it all comes down to is, how much is your girlfriend gonna support you.... now if she's very controlling and demanding? then i don't feel she's gonna support you at all.... but my kid's mom was like that, she was controlling and demanding... she didn't want me to get a bike.... so i came home with one anyway.... without her knowing until she came home and saw the bike in the driveway.... let me tell you, it was hell for about a month.... but it was worth every second of it.... cause this is why.... you can't beat the feel of having something that you've wanted for a long time... when it's you and the bike on the road, you forget about everything.... so for that moment of life everythings else start to make sence... and as far as my kid's mom goes, well she finally gave in and now she loves to ride.... even though we're no longer together she still wants me to take her out on the bike... so hey your girlfriend could end up the same way... but you'll have to make that step...

Old 02-10-2006, 07:32 PM

mad kaw...that's exactly right man. nothing beats getting something you have wanted for so long.

i know what i'd do! go buy a diecast model of a motorcycle...put it in the garage and go into the house...say, "sweetie, i have something to show you. i know you didn't want me to get one of these, but i just had to. yes, i bought a motorcycle." then show her the little model all pimped out in the garage. she'll get a chuckle out of it, and you'll see how she would really react to you getting one. haha...i'm such a punk.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importmonkey

mad kaw...that's exactly right man. nothing beats getting something you have wanted for so long.

i know what i'd do! go buy a diecast model of a motorcycle...put it in the garage and go into the house...say, "sweetie, i have something to show you. i know you didn't want me to get one of these, but i just had to. yes, i bought a motorcycle." then show her the little model all pimped out in the garage. she'll get a chuckle out of it, and you'll see how she would really react to you getting one. haha...i'm such a punk.
Actually, you are on to something there! I think that is an awesome idea, it'll really show her true colors!

Quick Reply: GIRLFRIEND PROBLEMS ON BIKE