Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

anyone here a diabetic ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: anyone here a diabetic ?

Long lasting insulin...woopty flippin doo...You're still be in the same boat you are in now.. shots.. Maybe you can get a different doctor. Or just beat the crap out of that one!! You would think the Doc would get paid more for the pump instead of the insulin??

Old 05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Any luck w/ getting your pump yet? Can you try a different doctor? As for your Q's about riding w/ it, I saw something on discovery health about a guy that would go rock climbing and repelling w/ his pump. He actually had to stop climbing when his diabetes got so bad, so thats why he went w/ the pump. Good luck with it, if you havent gotten it already

Old 05-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

yeah, got the paper work rolloing, things are gonna happen.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninjasteve

Yep I am.. I just got a pump and its great.. animas 1250ir.. dont worry about ridding with the pump.. you wont even notice.. you might have to adjust your site depending on how and where you lean. its great though.. let me know how it goes for you

HOW BIG IS THAT PUMP take a pic of it for me. why do i get the impression these things are huge and restricting as all hell. i got pre pump issues. is there a way to hang it around your neck under a riding jacket so its not in the way when your turning or on a bike ?

Old 05-07-2006, 04:39 AM

Its really small.. depending on which one you decide to get... none of them are much bigger than a pager. I just slip mine in my pocket and never have a problem. They also make straps to hold it to your leg or arm.. like an ipod.. which one did you decide on? i went with the animas cuz it was waterproof, small.. and they have great customer service..

Old 05-07-2006, 07:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Yo evil hope everything goes good for ya on that...

Old 05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ninjasteve

Its really small.. depending on which one you decide to get... none of them are much bigger than a pager. I just slip mine in my pocket and never have a problem. They also make straps to hold it to your leg or arm.. like an ipod.. which one did you decide on? i went with the animas cuz it was waterproof, small.. and they have great customer service..

i had it narrowed down between the animus ir-1250 and the deltec cozmo, what killed them both was the insurance and i needed a 300 unit ressi. the deltec had one but it was 2 grand more then the minimed 715. so i ended up with a minimed 715. il post back and keep you informed.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I worked for Medtronic Minimed for 11 years. It's frustrating that some docs are still pushing mult daily injections for folks with type I. No matter which pump you choose, it's a HUUGE step forward. Good luck, and congrats.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gsims

I worked for Medtronic Minimed for 11 years. It's frustrating that some docs are still pushing mult daily injections for folks with type I. No matter which pump you choose, it's a HUUGE step forward. Good luck, and congrats.
thats bad *** man. out of every manufacture i called on getting information, medtronics was the easiest in dealing with. i really liked their customer service and technically, i wasnt even a customer yet. i also know a woman that has one of the first pumps ever made and it was a minimed so that says a little something.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's a pic of the very first insulin pump. Imagine wearing that on a ride!
I worked for MiniMed when they had less than 200 people...we may know the same lady. Still know a few people in Cust Serv over there - some wear the pumps themselves. I actually wore one for a few days, infusing saline, just to begin to understand what the process was like. Now work for a company that makes implantable neurostimulators for chronic pain - very cool stuff!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1770/C8DA8BF7CC84406180277AE4F21CC65C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: anyone here a diabetic ?