Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

anyone have kids in mx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

well 2 more races left in the series. unless one of the kids doesnt show up for both we are gonna finish #2 in points.
he got his first, first a few weeks ago so that was big for both of us.

last week was kind of a bummer we had a new rider show up and he must have been up to a 125cc on his crf50 frame. during practice with all the ktm's, cobra's, pw's and crfs comes a bike loud as heck and flying past everybody, throwing roost all the way down the straight.
i go straight to the track owner and tell him no way is that thing a 50cc. he said we dont do tear downs here all i can do is ask him. i told him my bike was the same year and that he can take my bike to compare. then he said well i dont have any rules saying he cant run that.
i then went to all the other parents and told them to complain as well.
the final out come was the guy denied anything was done to the motor and finsihed the night in first.

now what makes it bad is when the cheaters show up and take first, that means the kid that should have taken 3rd is pushed down to fourth and off the podium.

anyway....... it has been a good series and the regulars have all gotten so much faster. even my son on his crf50 is getting a little air.
matter of fact last week he went for a mid air pass going into the last lap and had it, but crashed on the landing. still made me proud!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

ohhh yeah and i find myself going back and fourth on getting a cheater motor myself. i can get a 140 cc complete for 399.
everytime i get ready to order the motor i think of the other kids and how i dont want to cheat on them. might get it and practice swapping motors back and fourth till i can get it done fast and when a cheater shows up put the big engine in.
most of the parents all talk with each other at the track and im sure they would rather one of us cheat and win than an outsider cheat and win. if that makes any sense......

Last edited by tucaz#2; 07-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on #2, thats a big acheivement for one season.

Dont worry about the ********, its not about them. Its about your son and spending time together. Remember if he sees you cheating he will turn out just like those other brats stealing the win and loving it. If he doesnt earn it, dont give it to him. By all means fight for what he has earned but its better for him to have the win stolen from him than to steal it from someone else.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

true but my son is very into racing. it takes a good 45min after the race for him to calm his emotions down. during that 45 min i have to explain again and again and again why we dont cheat and that he should be proud of where he finished.

the other day he got kicked off a go cart track at a nascar park and man he was pissed lol

he was there to win and once he got up front he was pulling all the tricks, blocking bumping etc etc.... he got put in the wall and kid running the track had his back turned. he didnt know what happened so he kicked off the whole group lol

i think after this series were gonna visit a few other tracks just for fun and not chase points.