Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

9-11

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by buffalony
Here is another great quote " be nice until it is time to not be nice"
Awesome line!!! Road House.....RIP Patrick Swayze.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
Nobody's wants a police state.

McVeigh was nearly 15 years ago and he was executed. Khalid Sheik Mohammed was the architect of the 9/11 bombings and people 'boo-hoo'd' when he was waterboarded. On top of that, your government wants to punish those interrogators for waterboarding him when we got good intelligence out of him that saved lives.

So who's going soft on whom here?

Shortly after 9/11 nobody would have cared if the mastermind of the operation was waterboarded or worse. Fast forward a few years and Khalid Sheik Mohammed is now the victim and George Bush is the enemy.

M

Mike, 15 years ago or 8 years ago. Whats the difference? McVeigh got the ultimate punishment, why not Mohammed? Are we better off that McVeigh is dead? Not at all. Are we better off the Mohammed was tortured? Not at all.
I have yet to see any proof that torture worked. What good intelligence that saved lifes was learned? Please explain this clearly so I can understand. No one has shown what this intelligence was. No one explained how it saved lifes. I would love to hear the facts, not some half *** reason like," well, there were no attacks for 7-1/2 years. Thats bull$hit.
And please explain how it took 183 times of torture to decide that was enough information? Please remember, we as the United States condemned anyone, and put on trial, those who waterboarded in the past. What makes it ok now? Remember GWB told the US, "we dont torture". Was he lying, or is it only torture if someone else does it? Or was it a smug announcement he made cause his guys in Justice wrote a paper that says its not torture unless someone dies? Please. Bottom line, laws are there for a reason, if its against the law, people should be prosecuted. If not, why even have laws?

You say no one wants a police state, but your arguments don't really back that up. Look at actions previous to the "Patriot" act. Eavesdropping? Wiretapping? All without a warrant? And the companies that did all the illegal stuff are cleared by politicians? CIA outsourcing hit squads to Blackwater? Blackwater? HUH

I wont go on and on, I try not to get into political arguments online, and am afraid this is getting to political. Sorry about that. I try no to hijack threads

For what its worth, I am not a republican, I am not a Democrat, I am an American.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Mike, 15 years ago or 8 years ago. Whats the difference? McVeigh got the ultimate punishment, why not Mohammed? Are we better off that McVeigh is dead? Not at all. Are we better off the Mohammed was tortured? Not at all.
I have yet to see any proof that torture worked. What good intelligence that saved lifes was learned? Please explain this clearly so I can understand. No one has shown what this intelligence was. No one explained how it saved lifes. I would love to hear the facts, not some half *** reason like," well, there were no attacks for 7-1/2 years. Thats bull$hit.
And please explain how it took 183 times of torture to decide that was enough information? Please remember, we as the United States condemned anyone, and put on trial, those who waterboarded in the past. What makes it ok now? Remember GWB told the US, "we dont torture". Was he lying, or is it only torture if someone else does it? Or was it a smug announcement he made cause his guys in Justice wrote a paper that says its not torture unless someone dies? Please. Bottom line, laws are there for a reason, if its against the law, people should be prosecuted. If not, why even have laws?

You say no one wants a police state, but your arguments don't really back that up. Look at actions previous to the "Patriot" act. Eavesdropping? Wiretapping? All without a warrant? And the companies that did all the illegal stuff are cleared by politicians? CIA outsourcing hit squads to Blackwater? Blackwater? HUH

I wont go on and on, I try not to get into political arguments online, and am afraid this is getting to political. Sorry about that. I try no to hijack threads

For what its worth, I am not a republican, I am not a Democrat, I am an American.
42, Who said that terrorist attacks stopped 8 years ago? All we need to do is to go back to last week. Our troops are being killed in Afghanistan by taliban terrorists trying to undermine a struggling Afghan government. While we're at it, how about a few more examples: Mumbai hotel attacks, Madrid bombings, London bombings, Pakistan bombings, Iraq bombings, etc... All of these were aimed at civilians and carried out by radical islamists. Read the links below, the most recent is from a September 10th 2009 attack.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091000334.html
http://www.time.com/time/europe/html/040322/story.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8496293/

McVeigh and a few nuts pulled off Oklahoma City. That's quite different from islamic terrorists who are funded, trained and supported by nation states such as Saudi Arabia, Iran and Syria just to name a few. They are part of a global movement and they'd love nothing more than to bring their terror to a city near you. As we speak they are training their children in Madrassas to hate and kill you and your children.

...more on your other points later.

M

Last edited by KDXmike; 09-16-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:17 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

42, Who said that terrorist attacks stopped 8 years ago?
We had another motorcade for another kid this week that had a wife with a 3 month old. Rest in peace brotha.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

My brother in law is over in iraq right now....

Old 09-17-2009, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

My nephew just shipped out for 6 months in the sandbox

Old 09-17-2009, 03:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Awesome line!!! Road House.....RIP Patrick Swayze.
Yea, Roadhouse was a great movie, that was one of hollywoods greatest one liners IMO. I was watching the Patrick Swayze special on TV the other night.. 57 is way to young to die! For that matter so is 18,19,20,21....