Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

9-11

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Some of us "westerners" still remember, but yes have moved or are moving on. I will not delve on the past except for learning purposes. Retaliation should have been 2-5 days worth. Bring the hammer and drive the nail home.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
Some of us "westerners" still remember, but yes have moved or are moving on. I will not delve on the past except for learning purposes. Retaliation should have been 2-5 days worth. Bring the hammer and drive the nail home.
That's the point, we've learned nothing.

M

Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

We should never forget nor relax. The new government regime is trying to take away the tools our intelligence community uses to protect us and prosecute them for saving lives. How screwed up is that. The second we let our guard down some more of our citizens will pay the price for Axlrod and Obamas crappy politics.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I guess I feel maybe a little bit differently. If we become a police state where everyone is looking over their shoulders, where cameras are installed in every public place, where honest citizens are so hamstrung in the name of fighting terrorists that they can't take toothpaste on a plane, let alone own a gun, then the terrorists have won. Therefore, I say we need to relax, be vigilant, yes, but not to the extreme. The price of true freedom may mean we are vulnerable to crazy suicide bombers. But the only way you can stop that is by total lock-down. Is that how you want to live? I'd rather be free, live relatively unencumbered, and take my chances. And if someone does attack, hit back *hard* and decisive.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

And if someone does attack, hit back *hard* and decisive.
and that is what I was trying to express in my thinking as well in my last post. The United States failed to accomplish that and we have lost more brothers and sisters. Yeah, the United States is definitely changing!

Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
and that is what I was trying to express in my thinking as well in my last post.
I figured that was what you meant.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I dont feel like anyone has forgotten at all. Everyone has there own way of trying to move on with life, some are better at it then the others.
I wont get into politics here, but let me say this. Democrats and Republicans both want the country to be safe. And everyone wants the USA to be a leader of the free world. We cant throw away all of the good we have accomplished in the world and turn this into a police state.
I have stood at Ground Zero, and tried to imagine the horror of that day. I have also stood at the site in Oaklahoma were the building was blown apart.
Someone needs to tell me what the difference was? I see no difference. McVeigh was a right wing terrorist, the towel heads were terrorists. Why do we react to one so strongly, but not the homegrown one?
I am trying not to get political here, but I am worried again about the locals as much as the forgien threats. Armed guys walking around where the President is speaking? Please, that would have never happened around GWB, but its ok now??? I dont understand that at all?
I am all for protecting myself and my family and my property, but I dont run around with my heat out, I do not try to hide it, but I sure dont flaunt it.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, I will not argue 42, but my kids are still looking for a future. And I am not seeing the future as positive I guess.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
I dont feel like anyone has forgotten at all. Everyone has there own way of trying to move on with life, some are better at it then the others.
I wont get into politics here, but let me say this. Democrats and Republicans both want the country to be safe. And everyone wants the USA to be a leader of the free world. We cant throw away all of the good we have accomplished in the world and turn this into a police state.
I have stood at Ground Zero, and tried to imagine the horror of that day. I have also stood at the site in Oaklahoma were the building was blown apart.
Someone needs to tell me what the difference was? I see no difference. McVeigh was a right wing terrorist, the towel heads were terrorists. Why do we react to one so strongly, but not the homegrown one?
I am trying not to get political here, but I am worried again about the locals as much as the forgien threats. Armed guys walking around where the President is speaking? Please, that would have never happened around GWB, but its ok now??? I dont understand that at all?
I am all for protecting myself and my family and my property, but I dont run around with my heat out, I do not try to hide it, but I sure dont flaunt it.

Nobody's wants a police state.

McVeigh was nearly 15 years ago and he was executed. Khalid Sheik Mohammed was the architect of the 9/11 bombings and people 'boo-hoo'd' when he was waterboarded. On top of that, your government wants to punish those interrogators for waterboarding him when we got good intelligence out of him that saved lives.

So who's going soft on whom here?

Shortly after 9/11 nobody would have cared if the mastermind of the operation was waterboarded or worse. Fast forward a few years and Khalid Sheik Mohammed is now the victim and George Bush is the enemy.

M

Old 09-16-2009, 11:44 AM
1st Gear Member

I am a fan of "walk silently with a big stick" mentality. Here is another great quote " be nice until it is time to not be nice"

Freedom is not free. I know people who have lost their lives in the fight for freedom. I myself have a jacked up knee from an injury while I was on active duty.

We need to finish this crap that is going on in Iraq and Afganistan until every terrorist is dead! If we dont then this will never stop. I was in Iraq during the 1991 campaign. I and everyone else in my unit said the same stuff! We all agreed that we would be back and it would be worse! If we dont finish it now, it may not be about being back. Next time it may be on american soil, and I promise you it will be worse!!

That does not mean as civilians we should go around looking for an *** kicking. I appeciate your passion Worlock, protect your own. However, if the devil comes a knocking playing a tune, dont ask him to dance unless you really know what your getting into. The outcome may not go your way. Even if it does end in your favor, it will change you forever. I have seen alot of guys go over to Iraq heads up and full of vigor come back head down and full of tears. Combat is no joke and once you been in it, you never stop forgetting it

I am not a real fan of all the big brother, it creates stuff like McCarthyism, and other dangerous peronoid groups which can be just as bad as the terrorist themselves.

If you want to make a difference then write your govt officials. Tell them what you want them to do! Get your neghbors to do the same thing! Politicians will do what they want to do until an overwhelming majority of people start telling them what to do. I think this is where we have gone wrong as a country. Some idiots have been placed in office and the public has allowed them to do what ever they wanted! Stop the cycle and start telling them what to do. Write them every day. Hell just print the same letter and mail it if that is what you think you should do

My rant is over, I am short of breathe

May god bless everyone of us