New bike front end question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Default New bike front end question...

Hello Everyone...
I am a new rider, just took the MSF course in July & thought and thought about it for 2 months before finally buying a bike. Just bought a scuffed-up '95 500 for cheeeeeap... thought it was a good deal for me, since I'm still relatively unsure of my skills. Anyhoo, the bike runs really well, my experienced rider boyfriend and I didn't see any problems mechanically with it. However, the front end has been bashed to ****, the previous owner blamed it on "it was windy and it fell over." Yeeeeah. The front fairing is basically not worth saving, the front headlight is also broken, as is the right turn signal. I know that replacement stuff can be ordered on Ebay & whatnot, but I was thinking about going some sort of custom route, since I now have the opportunity. I particularly like the naked look (we stripped the front of the bike off & I loved it)... does anyone know if there are any instrument panel/front headlight/turn signal assemblies made for other bikes that would fit my 500, and give me the nekkid look I love?? Or how to go about achieving such a look if there isn't? Thanks for your help!!

Old 09-10-2007, 04:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New bike front end question...

with a little elbow grease and a soldering iron you should be able to make almost anything work

i used a headlight off of a buell, got some cheapo turn signals at a local bike shop and got a gauge from acewell.

Name:  S5030332.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  207.4 KB

i have since wrapped the exhaust too

JC whitney has some gauges for like 40 bucks that are alright. the only thing i didnt like about em was they didnt have a trip odometer, but i could live with it...