New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy with '07 Ninja 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Talking New guy with '07 Ninja 250

Hey everybody,

New member hailing from Pittsburgh. I just picked up my first motorcycle last weekend - an '07 Ninja 250.

Some background on me: This past summer, I inexplicably developed an interest in motorcycles. I've always been a car guy and I currently own (and modify) an '09 Mustang GT. The sudden interest in motorcycles came out of nowhere, but I'm glad it did. Not having ever ridden anything in the past, not even a moped or dirt bike, I decided to do things the right way and register for the beginner's safety course. I wanted to be a "blank slate" for my instructors. I acquired my permit through the DMV with a perfect score, and then took the classes and passed on my first attempt, and was awarded my full M license for PA.

Fast-forward two weeks and I found this 250 for sale locally and knew it would be perfect. It has 20k miles and has been dropped at least twice, but it has a fresh state inspection and runs and drives just great. Aside from removing the goofy flame decals (already got half of 'em off as of last night), the bike will be stock and unmodified. I love it the way it is. I'm 6' 4" and 190 lbs, so I'm kind of lanky, but somehow the bike fits me very well and I love riding it.

I was practicing my low speed turns in a parking lot yesterday and dropped it , so I need to replace the left side signal and adjust the shift lever. Then I ran the battery down and had to pop-start it, which was interesting to say the least. Outside of that one mistake, I've already logged 50+ miles on it and enjoyed every second. Thanks for bringing me into the community!

Old 10-31-2019, 12:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Cool

Hi and welcome aboard. Nice looking ride you got there!. Now when you're not moddin' the mustang you can be doing some cool stuff to your Ninja. Seems there's always something fun to tweak on.

Last edited by DanZ; 10-31-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

You are in a good place for fun riding on the EX for sure. I lived in eastern Ohio and taught school at Wellsville, on the river near the WV/PA/Ohio borders. Small sport bikes are a riot on the tight twisting roads of the Appalachian Mountains and foot hills. You learn to work the whole bike instead of just the throttle.

Old 11-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Thanks everybody!

Originally Posted by klx678
You are in a good place for fun riding on the EX for sure. I lived in eastern Ohio and taught school at Wellsville, on the river near the WV/PA/Ohio borders. Small sport bikes are a riot on the tight twisting roads of the Appalachian Mountains and foot hills. You learn to work the whole bike instead of just the throttle.
You're right about that; this entire state has some really great roads for spirited driving (minus the potholes, of course). I can't wait to improve my skill and eventually run this bike through the twisties.