New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

New 07 650r owner from HI

Old 09-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Default New 07 650r owner from HI

Aloha everyone! I have been riding a 04 250 ninja for the past two years and just sold it to upgrade to a 07 650r ninja!!! Im so excited about it and cant wait to make her "mine." I have a lot to learn about this bike and im already thinking of the mods i plan to do. This is the mods i want address:

-change handle bars: either Sport Bars or DIY clip ons.
-power commander: either juice box or TFI
-exahust: DanMoto slip on
-snorkle delete, increase air flow to air box / high flow intake filter.
-rear fender delete

If you guys have any suggestions or are able to help suggest, guide or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

Mahalo

Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. We were in Hawaii in late July, our first time there, what a great place. We stayed in Kona and drove over to Hilo. I want to go back already.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Welcome, Ans. Just tossing this out....you might want to just ride your new bike for several months before you start thinking mods. I speak from experience...sometimes mods need to "emerge" as you get to know a bike, and can be completely different than what you had originally planned. If you jump in from the get-go, your budget is gone for the suspension, tire/wheel, or performance mods that are screaming for upgrade. Same goes for the OE setup; it can be an "A-ha!" moment when the handlebar, chassis, etc. setup is a "THAT's why they did this!" True, most stockers are a compromise by design and can benefit from a tweek. Just take your time. (Not trying to get all preachy here; sorry.)
Welcome to the forums. Post up some pics of your new ride!!!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by deej
Welcome to the forums. We were in Hawaii in late July, our first time there, what a great place. We stayed in Kona and drove over to Hilo. I want to go back already.
Thanks! Im actually on oahu, but i lived there for a while. I miss the big island. Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Welcome, Ans. Just tossing this out....you might want to just ride your new bike for several months before you start thinking mods. I speak from experience...sometimes mods need to "emerge" as you get to know a bike, and can be completely different than what you had originally planned. If you jump in from the get-go, your budget is gone for the suspension, tire/wheel, or performance mods that are screaming for upgrade. Same goes for the OE setup; it can be an "A-ha!" moment when the handlebar, chassis, etc. setup is a "THAT's why they did this!" True, most stockers are a compromise by design and can benefit from a tweek. Just take your time. (Not trying to get all preachy here; sorry.)
Welcome to the forums. Post up some pics of your new ride!!!
Thanks for that. Youre right and thats what i plan to do. I wanna adjust to the new "power" of a motor that is three times the size of my last bike. Lol.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ansimal
Thanks for that. Youre right and thats what i plan to do. I wanna adjust to the new "power" of a motor that is three times the size of my last bike. Lol.

Good Logic in getting to know your new ride. Congrats and welcome to KF