What I/you did today on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Used a feeler gauge and worked on the leaking front fork seals. Not much crud there, there was a big pressure release and oil came gushing out. I think the leaking was due to built up air pressure, so I released the air through the screws on the top of the fork. I think I'm going to start relieving the pressure on those after every ride for a while and see how it goes.
Put a new fork guard on.
Made a wire cable block and tackle for when I have an off on the side of the mountain trail so I can pull it back on the trail (hopefully).
I think I'm ready for UT/CO!

Old 07-16-2016, 12:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Today i did the following
Did the cam mod (awsome effect even with stock exhaust and only snorkel removed)
Fitted new set of progrip 801
cleaned and lubed the chain
went for a test spin

Old 07-16-2016, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by peabrain
Today i did the following
Did the cam mod (awsome effect even with stock exhaust and only snorkel removed)
Would someone please make a video of the cam mod being done from start to finish. Please! For us idiots. We need you.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I tell ya what, if there's anyone in north Texas (DFW or between DFW and Waco), perhaps I can do the MCM on your bike while you run the video..

Old 07-16-2016, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Went for a 45+ mile ride today on highway, forest oil field gravel roads, electrical high-line right of ways, and quad trails in the woods.

Had an absolute blast, Im very, very pleased with how its running. Only minor grip is sometimes I get a small miss / feels like an instantaneous spark cut when pulling hard near top of 5th and sometimes 6th.

Almost ruined my entire day though near the end of my run I was running hard through short grass field between some forest oil storage installations and when I went to stop near the end of the field, I locked my front wheel and went down pretty hard pinning my right leg. For a minute I was terrified I might have fractured my shin, knee or ankle. Thank God I didnt, just a sprain. Also appeared to twist the front fender/bars/instrument cluster a few degrees off of the front wheel-- whats the best way to re-align it? Is it the large nut in the center of the triple clamp?

Back to the bike though-- has grounding the CDI / ignition box been proven to help with the tiny miss under hard accelleration / high rpm?

Last edited by Josh128; 07-16-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Was able to re-align the bars with the front wheel by loosening the nuts on the bottom fork clamps, holding the front wheel between my legs and turning the bars to the left. While holding some force in this way, tightened the lower fork clamps and its once again re-aligned.

I thought for a minute I had bent the front wheel axle.

Thank God I didnt.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Josh128
Was able to re-align the bars with the front wheel by loosening the nuts on the bottom fork clamps, holding the front wheel between my legs and turning the bars to the left. While holding some force in this way, tightened the lower fork clamps and its once again re-aligned.

I thought for a minute I had bent the front wheel axle.
I usually straighten mine out by tapping the front wheel against a tree using the handlebars. Usually pops back in place with minimal effort.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Installed the q4 with power bomb header and the 1 1/8 insert. This bike sounds like a proper dirt bike now, dropping it off at the shop tomorrow to get the jetting checked along with suspension fluid replaced.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

They'll have to have a dyno with AFR sensing to know how your jetting is performing.. Otherwise, we'll know more than they will..

Old 07-17-2016, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Im hoping since they race that they can get it close, but the pipe and header make this bike sound like a actual dirt bike and not a pea shooter

Quick Reply: What I/you did today on the bike