Super Sherpa mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Super Sherpa mods

I have always liked the look of the Sherpa and after your mods it looks fantastic, well done (except for the tank [:@]) Love the new pipe.
Cheers!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that tank has caused me some stress... There's NO aftermarket for the Sherpas... My options are either to try and fix the stock tank or there's a couple dudes that put on a XR650L tank (like 4.5 gallons) from IMS. It takes some frame modding too, and changes the look of the bike a lot.

I'm gonna ride the bike with the bent tank and if it ain't leaking gas, then I'm gonna try and fix it best I can and have it airbrushed by a friend.
If it leaks around the cap then I got bigger issues.

The trailer is made of 100% stainless steel with a Jetta trailing arm rear end under it. Those are Jetta shocks, but I modded the trailing arm a wee bit to hold a second pair of 'em.
You should see that baby suck up the whoops with 3 bikes loaded on top! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ive always like those sherpas.... good work man.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member

We get a model called "The Stockman" here down under. Pretty much the same as a super sherpa. It's not road legal, AG bike only. I'm sure the spare parts are cheaper. Not sure on the price of a tank.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

I love Super Sherpa's and first chance I get to pick up a mint copy I'm going to snag one........for the wife of course.
Got her a real swell hunting rifle last year and a great set of new golf clubs the year before (sure am glad that I'm left handed too).

Old 03-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

We get a model called "The Stockman" here down under. Pretty much the same as a super sherpa. It's not road legal, AG bike only. I'm sure the spare parts are cheaper. Not sure on the price of a tank.

Sweet bike, and of course its the right color.[8D] Not road legal? I see a tail light and a head light, GIT-R-DONE!!!!

Old 03-21-2008, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

That looks like a cool farm work horse...never seen one before.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Jason, check it out!!

YIKES!!!!!! You could buy a used bike for what they want for the tank. Sheesh.[&:]

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....;A=96&B=24

Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Did you guys notice the cool front mudflap? Yea where are you haters now...HUH!!!? Old school or get schooled.[8D]

Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I wanted to get a Stockman before I saw the KLX because it would have suited my purposes better, but can't complain about my choice , anyways the boyz in the Kawai shop said it wasn't road legal and to get it on the road would have been a pain in the *** due to road laws. So hence came the KLX and 4000kms later shes purring like a smitten kitten. I did have a honda AG 200 which was a great bike (super reliable) and went all day on nothing but fumes, top speed was 100kms but too unstable. Man you couldload that thing to the brim. Front back and sides not a problem.............ahhhhh brings back memories of those camping trips amongst the hills of gold. Thanks guys for making me remember!!
Cheers!

Quick Reply: Super Sherpa mods