Stock vs Muzzy sound files

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Default RE: Stock vs Muzzy sound files

ORIGINAL: mrphone

ORIGINAL: deej

[sm=youreright.gif]

Where is the cheapest place to get one? Linky please. LOL
JC Motors Motorcycle Exhausts had it for $339 plus $25 shipping = $364! I'm assuming the full Muzzy for the KLX300 is the one we need though... It’s an EBay store and their site doesn't show the system now, but every few days they list another one.
Unless I'm mistaken, that price fails to include a spark arrestor/quiet insert. I think starcycle would be cheaper in the long run...

97-06 KLX300 1014-00087 STNLS FULL EXHAUST ALUM CAN $349.95
ALL BIKES 0045-00012 QUIET INSERT / USFS SPARK ARRESTOR $27.95

Old 04-15-2006, 03:50 AM

Yes but I have not had good experiences with star cycle, unlike everyone else. To make a long story short there was bad information passed to the customer, and the wait increase doubled what they originally told me, but they only told me after I called them and asked what was goin on. So all in all I am going to order it from muzzy, I will probably get it faster, and have straight answers rather then talking to someone who assumes their right, only to be wrong in the end. I like quality service better then cheap parts with cheap service. They also said they would have had my refund put back into my account by tuesday or wednsday, guess what its friday and they keep telling me that they are getting on it, and I have been calling every day since then getting updates because I want my damned money. There was no hesitation taking my money out of my account, but its like the got to travel through the deepest depths of hell and battle satan himself[sm=badbadbad.gif]to give me my friggin refund[sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 04-16-2006, 05:21 PM

I finally recevied a full system from JC Motors on 4/14 that was ordered on 3/24. The communication was slow and inaccurate and several requests for status were never answered. The order was drop shipped direct from Muzzy. To anyone considering ordering the Muzzy, be patient and expect delays since the manufacturer is backlogged.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: keevo

I finally recevied a full system from JC Motors on 4/14 that was ordered on 3/24. The communication was slow and inaccurate and several requests for status were never answered. The order was drop shipped direct from Muzzy. To anyone considering ordering the Muzzy, be patient and expect delays since the manufacturer is backlogged.
Ya, seems like there is a ratio of 1/100 of people that post to the people who come here and pick up the information. Just aboout all the parts that have anything to do with the KLX 250 are pretty much sold out, sprockets, Muzzy, Snorkle, etc... If you go to muzzy's website they no longer have the KLX300 system in stock.

Old 04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Good job on the video! i would like to point out one issue to keep in mind.
The sound recorded here is "No-Load" or neatral run-up. The throttle position of 4K/6K under no load is dramatically different than when loaded, basicall just off of a closed position. When the engine gets loaded is when we open the throttle for more fuel/air resulting in higher combustion loads. So l Granted this gives us a good ball park estimate of the pipe, it WILL be much louder when the bike is actaually being riden. This is what was mention below, the need for ear plugs when riding with a helmet.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM

I'm considering the muzzy pipe and jet upgrade. It also seems that there is airbox mods. needed as well to get the full potential. I tried to backtrack through the forum to get all the info to make the mods to get a little more on the low end. Is the full muzzy pipe system the one for KLX 300. Can you give a list of the parts and jetting (I guess the Dyno jet is what you guys have been using) that you used--some links in the same place would be great. I like the sound file--that's great for those considering this mod.
It would be great to have this info. in one place. I did make the change to a 13 tooth front sproket from sunstar (part#: 904513 desc: SUN 32513 520-13) and used two of the brass washers on either side of the sprocket to keep the same spacing that the rubber takes up with the stock 14 tooth. This mod gave me more torque in first and a little slower speed for trail riding in second gear, but I'm going to go for the 45 tooth as second is still a little high strung. Maybe I'll be able to get some better wheelies with the 13/45. I testeted the top end of the 13/42 the otherday on PA turnpike and I was getting about 86-87 mph at 7500 rpm. I'm sure I lose some more with the 13/45 on the top end, but it should be a little better for trail riding.

This is my first post and I'm greatfull to you guys for the suggestions--Keep up the posting!

Best Regards,

Eric

Old 04-22-2006, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

I testeted the top end of the 13/42 the otherday on PA turnpike and I was getting about 86-87 mph at 7500 rpm. I'm sure I lose some more with the 13/45 on the top end, but it should be a little better for trail riding.

This is my first post and I'm greatfull to you guys for the suggestions--Keep up the posting!

Best Regards,

Eric
Wow thats insane, I have stock gearing and at 7,500 RPMs its 75-80 MPH.