Stand alone tuning ECU for KLX250

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Thank for helpful reply chatbovon.
Will report back ECU performance on UK KLX ASAP.
Many Thanks
Alan

Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM

Hi, I'm new here
I have an API "fixed box" (Thai version) Phuket from Kawasaki. My bike is a D-Tracker 250 2011, befor I bought the ECU, I have mounted a Two Brother Exhaust and the Juice Box. Now my question is, now it makes any sense, the ECU along with the Juice Box?
I find this very interesting thread, please move on if they have more new information to the programmable ECU.
many thanks, an avid D-Tracker driver from the south of Thailand
Hannes

Old 09-02-2011, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Hannes

Sorry for a delay reply, I've just change my workplace.
Fixed box and Juice box can not work better when use together. They may crash your engine because too extreme fuel ratio and ignition or you may not start engine.

Could you please tell me about your D-tracker after replace ECU?

Old 09-11-2011, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Can I still buy the fixed box at 5000bt and get it upgraded to programmable for 3500bt?
Kawasaki Chiang mai say they dont sell API box anymore, and the API site is in Thai so I dont understand it.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi Alric

I'm asking to API for the price and how to upgrade your box. Please wait a minute.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chatbovon
You're welcome, sindico440.

I forward your message to API guy. He said thank you for your interesting, Megasquirt also favourite in Thai ECU tuner too. It is the great place of ECU and program knowledge. He hope that API product will be known in your country.

Sincerely

Hi chatbovon

Some very interesting information you have on API ecu's. I also have the crazy 4000rpm choke problem for the first minute before the engine warms up. I think I can fix this with your post earlier in this thread.

Do you know anyone on Phuket with some good knowledge of ECU on KLX250's? As I am not happy with the torque & power delivery of my 2011 model with the basic fixed API box. Can you help me? Thx

Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM

Does anyone have an english speaking contact at API ??

Theres some mention that this kit may support big bore kits but is this 100% and tested ??

With which kit has it been tested with ?? Has this ECU been verified with the 330, 340, or 352 big bore kits ??

Verified to be working and smooth through all temp ranges and idle??

Who or where can be contacted for more information.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hannes2510
Hi, I'm new here
I have an API "fixed box" (Thai version) Phuket from Kawasaki. My bike is a D-Tracker 250 2011, befor I bought the ECU, I have mounted a Two Brother Exhaust and the Juice Box. Now my question is, now it makes any sense, the ECU along with the Juice Box?
I find this very interesting thread, please move on if they have more new information to the programmable ECU.
many thanks, an avid D-Tracker driver from the south of Thailand
Hannes
Hi Hannes,

I have a 2011 D-tracker & live on Phuket. I have just received the API software from Chatbovon for my unlimited programmable ecu, which has been translated into English for the 1st time (v7.1). Looks very interesting, as everything is adjustable - subthrottle settings - air mixes - ignition timing - injectors & way more. Playing with the above settings can yield up to 10hp in the right tuners hands!! The fixed ecu units at that Kawasaki are slightly de-tuned from there optimal setting to keep within warranty acceptable limits etc etc.

The tbr juice box is very simple in it's operation, basically a plug n play tool for the non-mechanically minded.......it just adds juice to your ecu map. If your air filter is modified then your bike can run very lean (lean is bad) & the tbr JB will help but unmodified bikes end up running a little rich with the JB. The JB will improve throttle response & add maybe 1hp if your running larger snorkel & pipe however.

I will be experimenting over the next few weeks & with a mechanical engineer pal of my that re-maps Harley ecu's, can start to have a play. He also has a very expensive exhaust gas analyzer which will help with tuning! i was very disappointed with the original API fixed box, as the torque & power curve wasn't very smooth & over 8000rpm was hampered with a slightly retarded ignition timing. This should be fun.

Last edited by JoelThailand; 09-17-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: trying to add image but can't....
Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phat Phreddy
Does anyone have an english speaking contact at API ??

Theres some mention that this kit may support big bore kits but is this 100% and tested ??

With which kit has it been tested with ?? Has this ECU been verified with the 330, 340, or 352 big bore kits ??

Verified to be working and smooth through all temp ranges and idle??

Who or where can be contacted for more information.
Hi Phat phreddy,

No one at API speaks English but Chatbovon on this forum translates for them. A person at my office in Phuket does all my chatting at API for me & Chatbovon has been very helpful.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi all,

API guys are testing using of tuning box with 300cc bigbore kit. I requested them to capture the program interface during tuning and Dyno test result. For your update, ECU control injection enough to bigger cylinder with the original injector and pump. Next step, they will tune in the detail on each maps to squeeze the power from the engine as much as it can. We will see the result soon, at least next week.

Quick Reply: Stand alone tuning ECU for KLX250