Scotts Steering Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

been riding with one for over a year...it fits perfectly if you don't have a crossbar...i had my protaper crossbar "bow"....some companies specifically make "bow" crossbar for the damper...mine is for sale if you want to make an offer...i'll even provide my "bow" crossbar as a trade for a straight crossbar

basically it helps when you go over the "rough" stuff...whether you are going 80 mph and going through rough cracks or grooves on the road...you won't get the handlebar wiggles...in the dirt when go through "rough" stuff, same...instead of the handlebar wiggling around...it kind of feels like you are pushing through the rough stuff....that's the best way i can describe it...the faster you go, the more it feels like you are "sliding" smoothly instead of wiggling...arms/hands don't get tired as much..

Last edited by ahnh666; 08-01-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
been riding with one for over a year...it fits perfectly if you don't have a crossbar...i had my protaper crossbar "bow"....some companies specifically make "bow" crossbar for the damper...mine is for sale if you want to make an offer...i'll even provide my "bow" crossbar as a trade for a straight crossbar

basically it helps when you go over the "rough" stuff...whether you are going 80 mph and going through rough cracks or grooves on the road...you won't get the handlebar wiggles...in the dirt when go through "rough" stuff, same...instead of the handlebar wiggling around...it kind of feels like you are pushing through the rough stuff....that's the best way i can describe it...the faster you go, the more it feels like you are "sliding" smoothly instead of wiggling...arms/hands don't get tired as much..

how much?

Old 08-04-2013, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666

How much do you want for it?