Safety-Visibility-LIGHTS Show them off

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=rgoers;468594]You could always sell a few of those "Kawi K's" you made and cover the cost of the tape and then some. [/QUOTE}]

If I get a few minutes I will cut out a few more. When I do they will be $2.50 shipped. I work for about a 1/2 min wage

Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I got my light flasher circuit tonight. Unfortunately, I got over-zealous and installed it so fast, I didn't take any pictures. Works like a charm though!!! It took me about a half hour to install, including the time it took me to solder the connections and get waterproof heat-shrink on them... and get it programmed. The circuit is tiny (@ 1"x1" square and less than 1/4" thick) and covered in some sort of hard epoxy for weather protection. It easily tucked up under the fender, along with the other connectors.

I programmed for 4 quick flashes then steady on, with a 15 second delay between actuations. That keeps it from annoying people in stop-and-go traffic.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
I got my light flasher circuit tonight. Unfortunately, I got over-zealous and installed it so fast, I didn't take any pictures. Works like a charm though!!! It took me about a half hour to install, including the time it took me to solder the connections and get waterproof heat-shrink on them... and get it programmed. The circuit is tiny (@ 1"x1" square and less than 1/4" thick) and covered in some sort of hard epoxy for weather protection. It easily tucked up under the fender, along with the other connectors.

I programmed for 4 quick flashes then steady on, with a 15 second delay between actuations. That keeps it from annoying people in stop-and-go traffic.
Cool. I will certainly be going with this type of thing. That is nice it works with standard or LED lights.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
Cool. I will certainly be going with this type of thing. That is nice it works with standard or LED lights.
The LED modes "work" with a regular lamp, but they flash so fast that a normal lamp filament can't come up to full brightness fast enough. However, with 37 modes to choose from, I was able to find a hybrid one (medium speed flash, LED/Incandescent) that works very well with the stock lamp.

I'm very happy with the unit so far. It's tiny, so I had my doubts that it could handle the current the stock lamp draws. While programming it though, I had the brake lever strapped in the on position for more than 5 minutes (longer than I'd ever be using the brake under normal conditions) with no ill effects.

I did get worried that the unit wasn't functioning properly because I had forgotten about the DELAY modes. I was testing the mode without waiting for the 15 second timeout, and thinking it was "busted". Duh!!!??? Stupid me. The delay was one of the reasons I chose this particular model...

Old 04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
How many directions can I guy turn? I guess you can do an up and down for jumps and drop offs

Hahahaha yeah, but hey I'm not as bad as this guy!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Here are some pics of that klr I promised. He did a good job on the reflective tape.

Safety-Visibility-LIGHTS  Show them off-img_0234.jpg

Safety-Visibility-LIGHTS  Show them off-img_0235.jpg

Old 04-12-2012, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for that. He did more than I did but I still might do some more. I have no clue what mine looks like to drivers.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

You could really go crazy on a cool design with reflectic stickers. Maybe you can get a sheet from a graphics place and have them cut out kawasaki logos or somethin out of it.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Take a look at my post #63 of this thread. I did a little of that.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=BleednGreen68;469834]Here are some pics of that klr I promised. He did a good job on the reflective tape.

[QUOTE]

...must look like a SPACE SHIP at night...

Quick Reply: Safety-Visibility-LIGHTS Show them off