Safety-Visibility-LIGHTS Show them off

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Funny this thread came along today... I ordered one of the brake light pulsing circuits for mine last night. I saw my neighbor come home about a week ago, and when he hit the brakes, the flashing demanded my attention. Drew my eyes right to it... so I set out on my search to find one to upgrade mine. A few minutes on Google, and $20 later, I have one on it's way to my house.

I'm thinking of doing the HID upgrade on the front light too. The stock light just isn't bright enough for ME to see... forget about others seeing me.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
Funny this thread came along today... I ordered one of the brake light pulsing circuits for mine last night. I saw my neighbor come home about a week ago, and when he hit the brakes, the flashing demanded my attention. Drew my eyes right to it... so I set out on my search to find one to upgrade mine. A few minutes on Google, and $20 later, I have one on it's way to my house.

I'm thinking of doing the HID upgrade on the front light too. The stock light just isn't bright enough for ME to see... forget about others seeing me.
Which board did you end up ordering?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I think that I will likely upgrade my HORN as well! A hella unit perhaps. My short jaunts on the highway make me think that a real horn could be a life saver.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
Which board did you end up ordering?
I ended up with this one. Universal Brake Light Flasher/Strober - 36 modes Universal Brake Light Flasher/Strober - 36 modes [unvbrkflsh36] - $19.95 : 3rdBrakeFlasher, E-commerce web site

There's a guy selling them on eBay for $15 something, plus shipping. Ends up coming to $20 shipped.

The thing I liked about this one was the anti-annoyance feature. If you're in stop-and-go traffic, you can set a delay so that it won't keep flashing every time you hit your brakes. You can program it so that it will resume the flashing cycle after 20 seconds of not using your brakes. It's also TINY compared to all the others I looked at, and waterproof...

Should have it by this weekend, and hopefully, I'll get it installed then.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Stebel Nautilus! Don't push the horn button in enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces it you have that horn.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I ended up with this one. Universal Brake Light Flasher/Strober - 36 modes Universal Brake Light Flasher/Strober - 36 modes [unvbrkflsh36] - $19.95 : 3rdBrakeFlasher, E-commerce web site

There's a guy selling them on eBay for $15 something, plus shipping. Ends up coming to $20 shipped.

The thing I liked about this one was the anti-annoyance feature. If you're in stop-and-go traffic, you can set a delay so that it won't keep flashing every time you hit your brakes. You can program it so that it will resume the flashing cycle after 20 seconds of not using your brakes. It's also TINY compared to all the others I looked at, and waterproof...

Wow that is little. Let us know how it works out. A lot cheaper than the one I was looking at from Happy-trails.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
Stebel Nautilus! Don't push the horn button in enclosed or semi-enclosed spaces it you have that horn.
That thing has some size! I think the hella will fit a bit easier.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
Wow that is little. Let us know how it works out. A lot cheaper than the one I was looking at from Happy-trails.
The Happy Trails and Dual Star versions come with a series of very bright LED lamps. I like the idea of the less expensive flasher, and then find a lamp that is brighter than the stocker to go with it.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
The Happy Trails and Dual Star versions come with a series of very bright LED lamps. I like the idea of the less expensive flasher, and then find a lamp that is brighter than the stocker to go with it.
Fair enough. I like the plug and play though.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I would be interested in this! Let us know how the install goes and maybe post a vid of it in action? I ordered a replacement bulb for my tail light that has LED's in it. They make 1157 and 1156 replacement bulbs with LED's in them. Alot brighter and less juice to run them. Should be here by the weekend.

Quick Reply: Safety-Visibility-LIGHTS Show them off